Burning skin all over body | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Burning skin all over body Burning skin all over body

Unread 03-21-2008, 07:30 PM
Burning skin all over body

feels like sunburn all over. Clothes hurt. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! I'm 11 wks post op TAH with urerater reconstruction due to surgeon boo boo caught it in a stitch and closed it off. Started with pill premerin, then to patch, now upped dose on patch. Hydrocodone is only thing that helps and Dr won't prescribe more, feel like i'm being treated like an adict. I didn't ask for any of this especially the second surgery, all I want is relief. I've tried everything down to the cool pillows... Am I nuts or what's going on??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2008, 04:52 PM

Hi hair,
I had a burning pain on my left side. It would even feel like a sunburn if I touched it. I don't know if this is the same pain as I was feeling or not? My
dr. prescribed me other kinds of pain meds, the hydrocodone was the only thing working at that time. I got the new meds. anaprox and tramadol. That combo help me out trmendously. They actually worked better than the hydrocodone, didn't make me loopy or sleepy. My DR. said the burn is a normal part of the surgery. The nerves were cut and now are trying to reconnect. But if in doubt you should call your DR.
Unread 03-22-2008, 05:35 PM

haircutracy

I'm so sorry you're experiencing this ~ it sounds terribly uncomfortable.

I haven't experienced it myself but, during a site "search" (click third from the right on the purple bar, towards the top of this page), found a thread where several ladies complain of the same symptoms: <link> https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...t=burning+skin.

If you've not done so already, you'll find that an internet search will reveal many hits on the subject, with most appearing to suggest hormonal or anxiety problems.

Although a burning sensation around the incision area is a common problem following surgery, a sunburn-type sensation ~ all over the body ~ seemingly can happen with or without a hysterectomy.

Please don't hesitate to contact your doctor again ~ with a little research, perhaps you could put some ideas forward and see what s/he suggests? Will you let us know how you get on?

Sending positive thoughts your way and hoping it improves very soon. Take care!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2008, 06:09 PM

ty wanda seems like we're in the same boat, i'm calling my surgeon again and taking my dh with me. Maybe he can make her realize that i'm miserable.
Unread 03-23-2008, 08:45 PM

Good luck and let us know how you and DH make out okay?
Unread 03-23-2008, 10:59 PM

Maybe I'm just weird, but whenever my skin feels like it's burning, it's usually an indication that I have a fever -- more reliable than a thermometer!

At least when I don't have a sunburn ;-)

Good luck!
Unread 03-30-2008, 08:48 PM

Dr. put me on Lyrica, so far it isn't making any difference

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register