Resumed intimacy before cleared - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Resumed intimacy before cleared Resumed intimacy before cleared

Unread 03-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Resumed intimacy before cleared

I just wanted to add to the be careful part.I had my 6 week check up and I was so excited to go and get that all clear to be with my husband. After my exam he told me I wasn't healed yet and had to wait 2 more weeks. That is another reason to wait for the okay. I felt fine but inside my body wasn't ready.

My second week is up next week. Woo Hoo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2008, 06:45 PM

I will totally agree with all of you. My sex drive is in hyper drive and my mind also. Even my dreams have been invaded. Never had that before. Just cant seem to get enough like all of you. Woo hoo!!

I think that by removing my parts it removed most of my inhibitions. Really for me it is probably having two major life altering surgies within 8 months. I have a new outlook on life and I am going to have it all.
Unread 03-21-2008, 06:51 PM

I was so glad to find this post. I was just today asking my sisters on our post-op forum if anyone else was feeling frisky. Today is exactly 3-weeks post-op, and the thought of having to wait another three weeks is difficult at best. However, I'm definitely going to follow my doctors orders, as I don't want to contend with any of the potential nightmares caused by having sex too soon.

I was so concerned that this would be an issue for me after the surgery. However, based on how I'm feeling right now, it doesn't look like I'll have a problem.

My ovaries are alive and well and gearing up for a period that was supposed to start tomorrow. I'm experiencing bloating, food cravings and feelings that I just can't get enough food. Oh, yeah, and the sexual feelings too.

Due to a tipped uterus, sex has always been rather uncomfortable in certain positions. I can't wait to try it out now that I no longer have a uterus.

s,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2008, 08:23 PM

I can't wait to attack scrumptious boyfriend... sigh... 4 1/2 more weeks.
Unread 03-21-2008, 11:27 PM

I told DH I was curios what the big "O" would feel like now and maybe in a couple weeks we might find out through outer...well you get the drift. His response cracked me up.....He exclaimed loudly "Did the doctor say we can do that?" He is so sweet, concerned that everything needs to go 100%.
Unread 03-22-2008, 02:54 AM

My doctor told me that it would be a minimum of 6 weeks. She said that there were two reasons for this. The first is that you do not want to get an infection. The second is that the new vaginal cuff has to create strong bonds to something (I don't remember what exactly) up inside you - otherwise she said you would be an outie, not an innie. Exact same reason that you do not vaccuum, lift heavy objects, etc., etc.

Good luck with whatever you personally choose to do, but it is not worth having another surgery, or worse, for me to have intercourse.
Unread 03-22-2008, 05:11 AM

ShoeMe:
What do you mean your vaginal cuff popped? How does that happen? and did you need to go in for a repair? I am really concerned about the sewn part and my doc said I had to wait 10 wks.. (3 more to go) ARRGGHH
Unread 03-22-2008, 03:25 PM

PattieO,

I am not sure. DH and I felt something POP in the middle of the act. I was in excruciating pain afterwards, I couldn't move for 15 mins. Later that night, I went to the bathroom to (# 1), and ended up on the floor in blinding pain, not being able to get up - I fell asleep briefly there. I bled a little - not copious amounts. I couldn't make it to the doctors the next day and felt like it was the first or second week again - everything hurt and I was extremely tired. Slept most of the day. Even now, when driving, or being driven - I feel each bump and turn, and I'm walking slow again - just like week 1 - 2. I'm on constant pain killers again - vicodine (which I did not need post surgery) and 600 mg motrin.

When I did make it to the doctors. she did an internal and rectal exam. She just said, it felt like the vaginal cuff popped - not quite sure what that means. She gave the analogy of a hole at the end of a sock - I guess penetration was just a little too deep? The concern is now internal bleeding. I'm having to have multiple blood tests done to make sure there is no internal bleeding. I have another appt with her on Friday, and will know more then. There has been no mention of repair yet, but I am to be off my feet for another 8 weeks (now 7) and definately no sex til then. Poor DH feels really bad too.

I feel as tired and in as much pain as maybe, week 2 (this is after a week since the incident). I went out for an hour today, and had to come home to bed. It hurts to sit and walk. BM's are excruciating - despite lots of fiber. I am not used to not being able to get up and go and this is just driving me nuts - after the initial 6 weeks. I was really looking forward to going back to work that next day, before this happened.

Has anyone else heard of this? I did not know what questions to ask my dr, I just know this is not normal. I'd like some questions to ask on Friday. She seemed concerned and a little unsure as well.

Ladies - please be careful - I know this is unusual - let our bodies heal...this happened even after I got the OK. We still enjoy the cuddles, but this incident...just really hurt - hopefully it's ONLY another 7 weeks..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register