I have been a BAD PRINCESS | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I have been a BAD PRINCESS I have been a BAD PRINCESS

Unread 03-22-2008, 01:05 PM
I have been a BAD PRINCESS

I just couldn't stand it anymore- the petri dish that my bathroom floor has become- and that no one else in this house seems bothered by?!?!?!
So I filled a bucket and got on my hands & knees and washed it.
About 2 pounds of dust, grime, soap scum, cat hair and dog hair were plastered to the white tiles- it was KILLING ME to look down every time I peed.
Hopefully I won't be paying for this tomorrow...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2008, 01:29 PM

LOL..I laughed when I read your post...My son lost his entire slice of just out of the oven pizza on the white kitchen floor on Wednesday and I helped him clean it up too..what can you do? I figured if I took it slow it would be alright and that is what I did..mind I had him scrub the floors afterward b/c it just wasn't right.

I have been blessed with three helpful men (two being teens) in my house and my lovely dh is doing the toilet now..

Hopefully you'll manage for a while yet before you do it again..
Unread 03-22-2008, 01:30 PM

Hi TC
dont mean to scare you but...

it's not tomorrow you have to worry about..please.please read about complications and adhesions that can occur from over doing it now. Pulling and tearing can occur because your hundreds of internal stitches have not healed. If this happens, scar tissue can form and attach to other organs...and cause all sorts of trouble later.

I had a SAH before Christmas, and I'm STILL having to take it easy. Everyone does something they shouldnt at some point - it's just not worth it.

The house work will be there tomorrow, next week and next month...you only get one chance to heal...

Take care
x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2008, 01:46 PM

Yes, I know better. I will refrain and direct the boys on how to clean the house that they have apparently thought thus far was "self-cleaning"!
Unread 03-22-2008, 01:55 PM

Good for you, TunaCat. Boys should know how to do the necessary jobs involved in sharing a living space. Girls these days aren't going to go for the "only a woman cleans the house" routine, especially because they all have to go to school and work, (like us!) too. If the boys want to be a "good catch," they'll be much more appealing to potential girlfriends and brides if they know how to share the work of a household, including cooking. Ever notice how we all exclaim, when a friend tells us their new guy is a cook?! And how we "ooo" and "ahhhh" when we hear that a husband or man friend cleans and does laundry?!!!

You could also tell the family that if the bathroom, in particular, stays so dirty, you could more easily get an infection, which would keep you out recovering longer, and away from doing the work for them!
Unread 03-22-2008, 02:20 PM

Riiiiiiight.... we don't want an infection, so clean the darn house boys!
It is just my type "A" personality that makes me do what I know shouldn't. For example, they cooked the other night, spaghetti, and didn't wipe off the stove or counters. Now, you know how the tomato sauce turns to cement drying on the stove?! Drove me nuts.
I need to take it for what it is: they cooked, that is good. The house is not up to my usual standards and I need to accept it and let the small stuff go.
Unread 03-22-2008, 02:36 PM

It took 20 years for my adhesions to rear their ugly face. No one, not a soul warned me. I had three young children then. I thought I could bounce back like childbirth. Boy was I wrong. Hyst surgery is a different puppy altogether. Now I'm recovering from repair and a BSO.
No telling the damage you can do to yourself durring this healing time. Its not worth it. The dirt and grime can wait. : )
Unread 03-22-2008, 02:41 PM

I am a huge Erma Bombeck fan. Keep Erma's words in mind during your recovery:
My theory on housework is, if the item doesn't multiply, smell, catch on fire or block the refrigerator door, let it be. No one cares. Why should you?

I found this quote about 10 days after my surgery and it became my mantra, otherwise I would have hurt myself badly by cleaning.
Unread 03-22-2008, 03:37 PM

A temporary cleaning service that comes in once a week keeps me sane during the key recovery period. It fights off my urge to tackle the dust bunnies under the sofa, wipe off fingerprints on glass doors, and clearing petri dishes, etc.

It's well worth it in the long run.
Unread 03-22-2008, 04:37 PM

Tunacat I agree try to be careful. I know I made an earlier post about my house not being the same and it was driving me crazy! I've had 2 laps done for adhesions it does depend on the person but they are painful. I just asked my DD to clean the counter tops because they don't clean themselves! I decided if people don't like a messy house then don't come over! Of course as soon as I'm better I'll go crazy! This is easier said then done and I know I ask the DH & DD to do things and I'll have to try to remember I have to heal.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register