I have been a BAD PRINCESS - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I have been a BAD PRINCESS I have been a BAD PRINCESS

Unread 03-22-2008, 04:55 PM
I have been a BAD PRINCESS

I soooo know how you feel. My house should have been condemned by the time my recovery was done! lol But darlin' ya gotta let it be! I know that's hard. I was constantly trying ever so carefully to pick up and I cleaned the toilets a couple times. This is your only chance to heal properly. Put those boys to work! I was so depressed when my recovery time was over and I thought I would never get the house back in order. My dh surprised me and had a cleaning service come in and clean from top to bottom. I'm sure it was his guilt kicking in for hardly cleaning while I was recovering. But anyhow it was a nice thing! Take care of yourself!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2008, 08:30 PM

This made me laugh...when Iwent into the bathroom to get ready for bed, I didn't want to touch anything! cat prints, toothpaste, all over the sink. Does he just not see it? does he think for all these years the house was self cleaning?
I have been cleaning the counters and stove top. I'm afraid he's going to give us food poisoning...lol
Unread 03-22-2008, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaCat
I just couldn't stand it anymore- the petri dish that my bathroom floor has become- and that no one else in this house seems bothered by?!?!?!
So I filled a bucket and got on my hands & knees and washed it.
About 2 pounds of dust, grime, soap scum, cat hair and dog hair were plastered to the white tiles- it was KILLING ME to look down every time I peed.
Hopefully I won't be paying for this tomorrow...

Your floor got that dirty in 10 days? Whoa!

Be careful! If you over do it now, you will pay later. Not fun!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2008, 06:31 AM

It's the white tile- it shows EVERYTHING! I would never do an entire white tile bathroom again- what happens is, someone showers and the steam and condensation cause every fuzzy, animal and human hair to plaster to the tiles. And it doesn't help that tennagers walk in the bathroom with muddy sneakers... so yes, after 10 days it is gross.
Unread 03-23-2008, 11:00 AM

Thank you for making me laugh! My boys are teenage and are lovely but ...
I know it's probably my own fault but their bedrooms are like giant rubbish bins! As for bathrooms - I once wondered if boys just opened the door and sprayed rather than aiming a small apendage at a large toilet!! Anyway, things are far from perfect but I have found the most successful way of getting them to help is to write a small list, e.g. 1) Shoes & schoolbag in your room (check), 2) please bring Mum a cup of coffee (check), 3) please empty bins (check), 4) please hoover lounge (check), 5) please let Mum give you a thank you hug before you switch on the TV (this usually brings a smile and boys seem to like lists)...
This may not work for you but I found it better than moaning about things not done. Your DH can then do the bathroom. Good luck anyway and don't overdo things!
Unread 03-23-2008, 11:27 AM

I have been threatning my DS-14 that I am going to make him sit down and use the bathroom like a girl if I find any mee pee splatter!! UGH so gross. Now he is the one that is responsible for cleaning the bathrooms. He does a really good job because mom checks up on him and makes him redo what he missed.
Unread 03-23-2008, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaCat
It's the white tile- it shows EVERYTHING! I would never do an entire white tile bathroom again- what happens is, someone showers and the steam and condensation cause every fuzzy, animal and human hair to plaster to the tiles. And it doesn't help that tennagers walk in the bathroom with muddy sneakers... so yes, after 10 days it is gross.
Ah, got it. Guess I can understand....I have cats....and a white carpet. Biggest problem with that, the cats aren't white. LOL! I plan to put in hardwood floors, but for now.....LOL!
Unread 03-23-2008, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoler76
I have been threatning my DS-14 that I am going to make him sit down and use the bathroom like a girl if I find any mee pee splatter!! UGH so gross. Now he is the one that is responsible for cleaning the bathrooms. He does a really good job because mom checks up on him and makes him redo what he missed.
Oh, I am feeling very lucky. I have one daughter. No pee-age outside of the toilet. Although the first time she threw up, I put the lid up, she put it down, I put it up, she put it down......and barfed. LOL!
Unread 03-30-2008, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoler76
Well,I have 4...all boys and they all do it!! They are ages 10,12 14 and 16...I am sick of cleaning pee off the toilet!!! Sheesh!
Unread 03-31-2008, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davina1974
Well,I have 4...all boys and they all do it!! They are ages 10,12 14 and 16...I am sick of cleaning pee off the toilet!!! Sheesh!

Hmm, glad to know that I have a daughter and the only men in my house have four legs. LOL!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register