I have been a BAD PRINCESS - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I have been a BAD PRINCESS I have been a BAD PRINCESS

Unread 03-31-2008, 07:25 PM
I have been a BAD PRINCESS

Oh Please Stop ! You gals are making me laugh & it hurts. I have 3 boys & 1 girl. The girl & I refuse to walk into their bathroom. They clean it every Saturday but by Wednesday it should be quarantined as a health hazard. Right now I'm so happy I have tile floors, & no cats, & a dog that doesn't shed. laughing with my pillow against my tummy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2008, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw34
Tunacat I agree try to be careful. I know I made an earlier post about my house not being the same and it was driving me crazy! I've had 2 laps done for adhesions it does depend on the person but they are painful. I just asked my DD to clean the counter tops because they don't clean themselves! I decided if people don't like a messy house then don't come over! Of course as soon as I'm better I'll go crazy! This is easier said then done and I know I ask the DH & DD to do things and I'll have to try to remember I have to heal.
I don't understand though and this is SO frustrating to me!! If you don't know the damage is being done then how do you know when it's ok to go back to cleaning the house and NOT do damage?! I'm just so frustrated with knowing when it's ok to go back to life again. It's hard when you feel better to not do anything. How do you know when it is ok to go back to the cleaning, etc....? How do I know that it is ok for me to be going back to work this Wed? The doc ok'd me for it, but if I look at these posts it seems like I shouldn't be going back till at least two more weeks. Oh girls!! This is so hard!!!
Unread 03-31-2008, 09:46 PM

I agree about not knowing when is when - I was feeling great at 4-5 weeks post-op and now at 6 weeks I am starting to have more "pain". I put it into quotes because my best worst day post-op is still better htan my best day pre-op!

Everyone keeps telling me that I am over doing it but really I haven't increased my activitiy in a couple of weeks. Still no lifting or sweeping, etc.

I go back in to the DR on Wednesday and plan on talking about this very issue. I guess we all just need to listen to our bodies more than the general statistics of the doctors.
amy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2008, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbeers777
How do I know that it is ok for me to be going back to work this Wed? The doc ok'd me for it, but if I look at these posts it seems like I shouldn't be going back till at least two more weeks. Oh girls!! This is so hard!!!
If your doctor said it's ok, and you feel ok about it, then you should listen to your own doctor. Each doctor knows his/her own patients and how they are healing. If you feel ok with your doctor's decision, then you should be fine going back to work. If you feel you need more time, talk to your doctor about it. Six weeks seems to be the norm around here.
Unread 04-01-2008, 08:31 AM

Talking about men and their bad habits . . . . I used to think that when I was fortunate enough to have a DIL, she would hate me as DS was an only child and I spoiled him.

Turns out DIL does not like to cook - prefers to clean - and DS is a decent cook since he is a firefighter. And, DIL makes a "honey do" list and DS does it promptly and without complaining. They have been married 9 months now and their arrangement is working well for them.
Unread 04-01-2008, 10:02 AM

Tunacat...no way you should have risked further injury. Above poster regarding adhesions is right. The smallest amt. of bleeding from internal stitches can cause adhesions that can attach to other organs and cause further damage and future surgery! Rest, heal, enjoy the downtime and let others do the work. If your family doesn't respond to cleaning something for you because it's disgusting and unhealthy to even stop foot in, shame on them...but if that's the case, I'd suggest hubby pay to have a housekeeper come and at the very least...power clean the bathroom/s for you. Geez! All a mother/wife does for her family, and you had to do THAT YOURSELF!!!
Unread 04-01-2008, 10:46 AM
me too

Oh mei, I have been bad too. I did laundry yesterday, filled up the dishwasher today and cleaned the family room. I had my 1 week post op appointment today and got my stitches out. They said no more bending and reaching but they allowed me to drive to school (1/2 mile) next week to get my son to school and pick him up, otherwise no driving until 4th week after hysto. My hubby will be very happy to hear that he can work normal hours now. After the doc visit I was a little exhausted and I'm laying in bed now.
Unread 04-01-2008, 12:54 PM

I think those of you that are doing laundry and floors and driving, etc. after one week post-op are under a "false" sense of well-being (probably because you're still on pain meds that are masking the signs you might normally get). This site has wonderful tips on each "checkpoint" week to advise you of what you should/shouldn't be doing. I'm sure most of us are dying to get back to our normal energy level and the minute we feel it, want to go places, do things, see people, cook/clean/wash/drive/etc.....but if you've had a major abdominal surgery with intestines moved up/out, organs removed, fat cut away (tummy tuck in my case), catheters in/out, etc.....you NEED to pamper yourself and let the healing take place by gradually walking more, light chores, etc. Stay on track with what is suggested.
Unread 04-01-2008, 01:38 PM

Hi beengutted, actually I've stopped the pain meds 2 days ago, not neccessary anymore, the pain level is between a 2 and 3, I still am giving myself the lovenox shots daily. I do check the checkpoints and I received the pamphlet "What 100,000 women know about hysterectomy". I promised myself today after reading up a little more, that I will stop being so........"quick". I have to give myself a little more time to heal even thou I feel fine. Thanks for the warning I will keep it in mind. Speedy recovery to you.
Unread 04-01-2008, 01:43 PM

Glad to hear you are doing so well. I have a very low tolerance to pain so I continued with Vicodin for the first 2 full weeks but tapered off and finally got to just one before night/bedtime around the 14th day and now at 22 days out..no need. But those first 2 weeks are really crucial to "healing" so I'm glad you're going to slow down just a bit and let your insides do what they need to do. They're in there begging you to let them! :-)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register