MIRACLE! My pants fit ; ) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

MIRACLE! My pants fit ; ) MIRACLE! My pants fit ; )

Unread 03-23-2008, 05:17 PM
MIRACLE! My pants fit ; )

Please share my amazement at this miracle. I had to wear "real" clothes today to Easter Dinner.
I was prepared to drag out another sweatsuit if the closet came up dry- but somehow my lovely black dress pants FIT ME!!!!!

I know my fibroids were large, and the uterus was the size of a 16 week gestation... so my tummy has lost quite a load!

I have no other explanation, being less than 2 weeks from abdominal hyster and with a still-swollen belly.

I don't care why or how, but this is very good news, since I cannot afford a new wardrobe for returning to work ( I wear suits, so yoga pants at work is not an option)

Just had to share as this is the only positive thing in 2 weeks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2008, 06:26 PM
that's great tuna

Congratulations and I know you are feeling great because of it. I was so uncomfortable to even put pants on for like a month. Keep up the good progress!!
Unread 03-23-2008, 07:39 PM

I wouldn't want to wear jeans, I think a heavier fabric would just be too much. These were softer dress slacks. And i only had to wear them for a about 4 hours and I was uncomfortable, my poor incision.
The point is at least they fit.... it gives me hope that all in my world has not gone completely off since my surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2008, 08:10 PM

You make me sick! Just kidding. I had mine the same day as you did and I ended up wearing a pair of maternity pants with an oversized shirt to church and dinner. I don't think anybody really noticed but I felt awful in them.
Unread 03-23-2008, 08:24 PM

Awesome!!! I'm celebrating with you!!
Unread 03-23-2008, 08:38 PM

I'm sorry if I made anyone feel bad
It makes me feel like I am not completely lost... I am still in pain, still taking percocets, still ave insomnia, and have not got BM function normal yet.
I just want to focus on something positive, because this is just so hard sometimes.
Unread 03-24-2008, 07:05 AM
tuna- don't feel bad

it's awesome that those slacks fit and I also think that focusing on something or more than one thing that is positive really, really helps in our recovery. It's not easy. Fiber for those BM's. I thought I would keel over the first 2 times. I ate raisin bran, grape juice, and triscuits. Even now, I make sure I have fiber just not as much. I'm almost at 2 months (Jan. 28th) and I started work last week--I did 3 days and it was just right. I was tired by the end and my incision was bothering me. Couldn't wait to get into my comfy sweats. I am having hot flashes but it isn't interfering in my life so at this point I'm not taking estrogen. This week I am finally noticing that I don't have this big,hard ,belly. My watermelon is definitely gone and it feels great. That was my only symptom beforehand and it took the Dr. to bring it to my awareness. I guess because I didn't experience the pain that alot of our sisters feel I didn't realize. I've always had a little belly so I didn't tune in. So, I went in to the surgery feeling good but now and hopefully, in the following months I'll see how much my enlarged uterus with all its fibroids were bringing me down. So, me and I'm sure I can speak for other sisters can say that we support your recovery 100%. Fiber and rest.
Unread 03-24-2008, 07:12 AM

Thank you- I made a big Metamucil coktail last night, with a chaser of mineral oil. Totally disgusting but absolutely necessary.

Then my belly was KILLING me and I was back into the percocets : (

I just want to "turn the corner" and it is hard to be patient.
Unread 03-24-2008, 07:16 AM

I'm with you! Yesterday I tried on a new suit I bought months ago. It's a 16 so I was afraid it wouldn't fit, but it did! Very strange -- I have trouble squeezing into my size 18 jeans unless they're pull-ons, but the skirt suit fit. Maybe there's hope that I'll re-lose the half of the 48 pounds I previously lost and gained back with my tumor.
Unread 03-30-2008, 07:08 AM

I share your joy! I wore real clothes at Easter and have ever since! Once in a while I feel I need to go back to the sweat pants for a little rest and relaxation, but yeah! It was confusing losing 10 lbs after surgery but hurting myself trying to get my old pants on.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register