Hysterectomy dates Mar 24-Mar 31,2008 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 24-Mar 31,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 24-Mar 31,2008

Unread 03-24-2008, 12:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 24-Mar 31,2008

If your hysterectomy was between Mar 24-Mar 31,2008 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

How to use the Progress Report threads:
  • 1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
  • 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
  • 3. Remember to start a new thread to ask your questions.
  • 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.
  • 5. Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2008, 07:11 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 24-Mar 31,2008

March 24th TVH. Still swollen and crampy and gassy. The first day was rotten, but slowly getting better. My chest burns. It feels like heartburn but the doc said it was from the breathing tube.
Unread 03-26-2008, 08:10 PM

March 25 TAH. Kept ovaries. It is so true that the waiting beforehand is the hardest. I went in thinking they might get by with an LAVH, but my uterus and fibroids were so huge, the docs gave me a picture of them. I'm spending the second night in the Castle but expect to go home tomorrow. My gas pains are tolerable. None of the pain was as bad as expected. I came out with a Dilaudid pump that worked like a charm. Before I went in, I took some of your advice and asked the anesthetist for nausea meds right off the bat. I also asked her if I could have a "little something" before even entering the OR suite and she obliged. I remember nothing from that moment until opening my eyes in my private room surrounded by my awesome family!! Praise the Lord!! My DH is fantastic. Sleeps right here by my side. Again, the waiting is the truly hardest part!! Take a deep breath. It will be over before you know it!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2008, 10:33 AM

So, back again. I stayed in the castle one extra day cause I had an allergic reaction to the penecilin. My LAVH took only 1 1/2 hrs and I'm fortunate enough to keep my ovaries which is a very good thing cause I can't have hormone therapy. I'm at home and I'm laying in bed being spoiled by my DH. I'm doing great and feel like I could almost resume my old live style already, but that might be the painkiller talking. lol. This site was very helpful to me before I had my hysto. I was prepared to expect the worse, and I'm happy to say that I'm feeling great already.
I thought to myself that I can get ride of all my ugly "period" undies, that I can give all my tampons and pantie liners to my daughter, that there will be no more, "I can't come to the waterpark or swimming pool". I can do it all now. No more bloating and not fitting into my favorite pants.
I can't wait until the recovery period is over and start my new life.
The only bad thing this is that I have to give myself a shot of "lovenox" for 3 weeks.
Thanks to all the ladies posting on this site you helped me a lot. I wish everybody a speedy recovery and good luck.
Unread 03-27-2008, 10:41 AM
Home Recovering

I had my LAVHBSO done on the 25th. It is true the waiting is the hardest part of it all. I had a slight complication. My doctor accidentally knicked a blood vessel and had to put a cathetor in my stomach along with the bladder cathetor. I was only suppose to stay in the hospital for 23 hours but I couldn't keep anything on my stomach and my blood pressure kept going up real high and then going down real low. They finally put me on a blood pressure pill and it is helping. I got to come home today. I am taking percocet pain pills and tylenol in between times. I have a hormone patch on. I can honestly say that I haven't felt this good in a long time. Even though I am in alot of pain today I still feel good. I hope everyone can have it this good.
hugs!
Christi
Unread 03-27-2008, 12:40 PM

TVH on March 24 the whole day was horrid, did not do do well with moriphine, barely survivng now, will be back when I feel better.....
Unread 03-27-2008, 04:49 PM

Greetings sisters--

My surgery went very well Tuesday, and I'm home in my own recliner. Woo Hoo!!! Dealing with some pain, but it is definitely manageable with the Morphine. Now that I'm home we're unsing oral morphine and 800 mg motrin to cut back on the swelling. Which I have.

Doc did an excellent job, said there were no adhesions, and no complications. Happiest news!

Just taking it slow and easy. I go for walks as I can, using a cane to give me stability and not have to worry about the wobbliness from the morphine.

Am a little swollen up, but I try not to pass by a mirror too often. The view is excellent outside, and cheers me up.

Just take one day at a time, ladies, and stop to smell the roses!
Unread 03-27-2008, 04:58 PM

I'm laying in my hospital bed from having a LSH this morning at 9am. I'm pretty amazed to be totally pain free. They are giving me IV pain killers Toradol I think. They took out my catheter a few hours ago and I went pee on my own. The stream was slow but it all seemed to come out so that's good. My only problem really is I am so nauseated off and on. I haven't thrown up I'll just feel like I'm going to for 20 minutes or so and then it goes away for a half hour.

I probably won't be going home today because of the nausea. I have had a few saltine crackers and they helped some but after eating some chicken noodle soup I almost threw up.

The doctor said that I had between 50-100 marble size fibroids on the inside and outside of my uterus. My uterus had adhered to the front of my abdomen so the surgery took longer then expected but they were still able to do it all laparoscopically through 3 small incisions. I just can't believe I had so many fibroids.

Well doing good so far not feeling nauseated at the moment I hope it lasts. Pretty nice to have no pain at all. I'll see how it goes when they switch me to oral pills.

I hope everyone else is doing well.
Unread 03-27-2008, 05:13 PM

Hello to all,
I made it home from the hospital today after my TAH/BSO on the 25th. My Dr. was wonderful. I was leary about having a spinal, but it ended up being nothing to worry over. They gave me a sedative before the spinal and I don't remember a thing. I still have pain, but it's manageable with meds. I did want to share a great tip that my DH and I thought of. I was worried about how I would manage to get out of my bed here at home since it's not adjustable like the hospital beds. So, my DH attached a belt/rope type thing around the foot board of the bed that reaches up to me so that I can use it as leverage to pull myself up when I'm trying to sit up. Works great!! Well, I'm still quite tired so I think I'll rest now..
Hugs and well wishes to all.
Unread 03-27-2008, 05:58 PM
I'm home...

I did make it home today finally after my TAH/BSO on the 25th. They were going to keep me another night due to some sleep apnea issues after surgery, but instead sent me home with oxygen to use when I'm sleeping at night. I'll post my story in a couple of days when I'm feeling up to it. I'm on Lortab and Mortrin for pain management.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register