Night time peeing (five weeks post-op) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Night time peeing (five weeks post-op) Night time peeing (five weeks post-op)

Unread 03-24-2008, 08:27 AM
Night time peeing (five weeks post-op)

Good morning sisters,

I have to ask a question. How many times are you up in the night to pee? I willl be five weeks post-op tomorrow and I've had nights like this all along although they are not in a row..I have had only two nights where I have slept soundly for more than six hours since Feb 19th and I am not napping during the day.

Last night I went at 11, went again at 12 when I was heading to bed. Read until 1, went again and then went to sleep. Up at 2:30, 4:45, 7:15 and then I got up at 9 and went again.

I had a glass of water at supper at 7 PM that I added some cranberry juice to at 8:30 and that was all I had to drink all evening.

Are others experiencing this? I am going to be exhausted when I go back to work next week if this is the case..

ARGGGGGGGGGG..frustrating...even if I found out I wasn't alone it would help I am sure..

Thanks in advance ladies,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2008, 09:04 AM

I go about every 1 1/2 to 2 hours. My Uro/Gyn said this is okay and due to swelling that will there till about 6 weeks, as long as I am going she is happy...I have no UTI. I also have no control over the strenght of the stream at all, this is also due to the receptors and swelling. I did have a TOT sling to correct a cystocele.

PS: She also said since the bladder is now in a new position your bladder needs to be retrained. The receptors that use to tell you when to go have to get use to the new position....hope that makes sense.
Unread 03-24-2008, 09:07 AM

Nicole, do you have any odd sensations as you start to pee, or finishing peeing? Its not pain, its just something I didn't have before and now I'm begining to ask myself if it was there all along and I just didn't pay attention? It is not any UTI I've ever experienced.

That is good to know though, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2008, 09:15 AM

I am not even two weeks post op and I too run to the potty several times through the night. Some nights are better than others. Some nights two times other nights like lastnight more than can count. No sudden or urgent urge to go just have to go. The bladder is in a new position because of the "hole" that was created and it is also swollen from being moved around and minipulated. It is my understanding that this will cease after a time. Try to reduce your liquid intake a few hours before bed. And cranberry juice is a natural cleanser. Try not to drink this before bedtime, it will cause you to go more often.
Unread 03-24-2008, 09:29 AM

I am 11 days post op and had absolutely no traditional urge to go for the first 9. My bladder would just start hurting really bad and I knew okay time to go. The last two days I now more feel the urge. When I do go I can't make it start...like when you naturally start pushing. It start in a couple seconds like it's just falling and then stops and will start again. Even when I strain/push the stream stays the same strenght it makes no difference. I void about 250 ml at a time. Never had any burning that goes with UTI. She saw me at 1 week post op and was really happy with residual amount. about 100ml. She said this will improve over the next few weeks and all swelling on the urether/bladder should be done by 6 weeks. I go back in a few more for final checkup.
Unread 03-24-2008, 11:58 AM

I'm 5 weeks post op today, and I still have to get up once, maybe twice a night to go pee. Granted, there have been a couple of nights when I've slept through the night, but that doesn't occur too often.
Unread 03-24-2008, 12:15 PM

I am 11 weeks post-op and I still go pee all nite long! Was hoping it would slow down some (and it has a tiny bit). The hot flashes and insomnia is horrible for me!
Unread 03-24-2008, 02:08 PM

I go 4 - 12 times a night. I get very little REAL sleep
Unread 03-24-2008, 02:19 PM

I've only slept more than 6 hours two nights since the surgery..I guess this is another 'normal' thing..

My goodness though I'm not sure how I am going to function if this keeps up when I return to work next week..sigh..
Unread 03-24-2008, 02:22 PM

I will be 4 weeks post op tomorrow. During the first 3 weeks post op, I was going pee about every hour and a half (day and night). Since about the 3 week point I only get up once or twice per night. I even slept through the night one night! My doctor said it was because the bladder was irritated from her having to move it during surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register