Back pain, joint pain, sinus infection | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back pain, joint pain, sinus infection Back pain, joint pain, sinus infection

Unread 03-24-2008, 03:16 PM
Back pain, joint pain, sinus infection

Hi!

I am new to the group - just joined today. I joined because I am becoming frustrated by not be able to get answers to my questions. I found this site and was so impressed with what I read, I thought this would be a great information resource.

I had a complete hysterectomy in Aug., 2007 due to fibroids. That was the main reason for the surgery (I also had two myomectomies since 1995) but there is also a history of ovarian cancer in my family. My mother just passed away (Ovarian Cancer Stage 4/Liver Cancer) in April of last year.

Since the surgery (and everyone telling me how much better I would feel), I have felt worse. Especially since November, 2007. I went on the Vivelle Dot patch about 2 weeks after the surgery (.0375), then about 2 weeks later, my doctor increase the dosage to .50 and about two weeks later put me on the 1.0 dosage. Almost immediately after being on the strongest dosage, I began experiencing severe sinus infection/bronchitis/severe back aches, etc. I called him and told him that I thought the back aches were from the patch but that was dismissed. Bottom line, I decided to gradually decrease the dosage and just used my last .0375 patch last Wednesday. I am presently not on any HRT and do not want to go back on the patch.

Also, I have ordered progestorone cream (Menopause Moisture Creme from the Daystar Network) that I plan to start using as soon as it arrives. I have been reading very encouraging information about progesterone cream. (Feedback welcome.)

I apologize for the long email but I wanted to give background and frame the context of my question which is this:

Is it normal to experience body aches, specifically mid to lower back and sides, joint pain, fatigue, respiratory issues, etc. following this type of surgery? I know I had no other option but the surgery, yet I am regretting it because I feel so awful.

Additionally, I am working out 1 - 1.5 hours 5 days a week (walking, strength straining) but am not losing any weight.

I am just so frustrated. Any suggestions, information, feedback is appreciated.

Again, thank you for indulging my long email.

"Still Blessed"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2008, 06:43 PM

I don't have any good suggestions for you as I just had my TAH less than 2 weeks ago. I just wanted to send you some good vibes and let you know that you are not alone in this as we can do this hysterectomy thing together.
Unread 03-27-2008, 07:11 AM

Thanks so much!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register