Sos I Cant Poop!!!!! =( Caution May Be Tmi **UPDATE** | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sos I Cant Poop!!!!! =( Caution May Be Tmi **UPDATE** Sos I Cant Poop!!!!! =( Caution May Be Tmi **UPDATE**

Unread 03-25-2008, 12:44 PM
Sos I Cant Poop!!!!! =( Caution May Be Tmi

sorry to put it so blunt but i am a woman in serious desparation! Ok even i had to laugh @ that. so heres the low down i had a TAH everything gone (yes cervix 2) on the 14th. Had some complications post op but nothing like NOT being able 2 go #2. Ive tried EVERYTHING!!! the bowel prep extras that i got for surgery, Miralax, coffee, spicy food. NOTHING WORKS. I honestly feel there is TOO much in there to come out "nicely". I am contemplating going to the emegency room tonight. i may sound drastic but i dont see my doc for a follow up until April 7th! i refuse to wait that long to go. I feel nausous and wish it could just all come out the other way. PLEASE tell me some1 has gone thru this or know of a way i can find RELIEF.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2008, 12:50 PM
Sos I Cant Poop!!!!! =( Caution May Be Tmi **UPDATE**

CALL YOUR DOCTOR. I had this same problem last week. You are NOT alone!

I was littereally stuck on the toilet...LOL called doctor while going through this I couldn't help but laugh and tell her I am in trouble. I just came from a one week visit with her I felt so stupid. She said send DH to walmart/pharmacy and get a fleet enema it was under $2. It helped within 1 min!
Unread 03-25-2008, 12:53 PM

gosh an enema really!?! lol i was hoping it wouldnt come to that i did do the fleet liquid...and nothing but more tears lol ok well ill try it thankx alot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2008, 12:57 PM

If you are impacted (sorry for TMI, but this means that there's hard poop blocking the way so nothing can get out!!), here's what works for me: buy a Fleet enema, also buy some mineral oil. Pour out about 1/3 of the Fleet liquid, fill the bottle with mineral oil and mix well. Administer as much as possible. Wait as long as possible, then use the bathroom. The mineral oil will soften any impacted stool that's blocking the way, so you can pass it more easily. The Fleet saline solution will soften up and move everything else.

Oh, and if you feel the need, definitely go to the ER! It's embarrassing, yes (I know from first-hand experience), but being impacted and constipated is horrible!
Unread 03-25-2008, 12:57 PM

I hear you sister! I've been where you are. Try Milk of Magnesia. I made the mistake of taking the maximum dose (4 TBPS) and got diarrhea. Maybe you can find a happy medium. I'm now taking Citracel every day and it keeps things moving. If you are taking narcotic pain killers, they are probably the culperate. Good luck!
Unread 03-25-2008, 12:58 PM

It really wasn't bad at all more comical because I refused to let DH help me. So there I was on the bathroom floor butt in the air.....enough said.

BUT it did give me rapid relief and it was like a normal BM too. I expected it to be all watery.
Unread 03-25-2008, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoler76
So there I was on the bathroom floor butt in the air.....enough said.
Thanks for the comic relief Nicole! I'm laughing because I'm relating. Had to do that for a sigmoidoscopy recently.
Unread 03-25-2008, 01:07 PM

Milk of Magnesia (?spelling?)

Blue bottle - Use cautiously!

I went 11 days before I discovered this.

It works..a little too well. (I was scared... LOL)
Unread 03-25-2008, 01:09 PM

hi ladies, i too have been right where you are, lets just say i cried the first time i went, it felt like i was passing a house!!!! but what worked very well for me was the all time favorite, PRUNES AND PRUNE JUICE. dried fruit is very good to munch on and it keeps everything moving along as it should. Good luck ladies, it definately will get better. Its been three months for me (TAH/12-11-07) I thought i would never be able to get off the sofa.
Unread 03-25-2008, 01:11 PM

I found the full dose MOM did not work so well for immediate relief fo rme, more until about 12 hours after the fact and lots of fluid. It sure gave me ALOT more gas than I am already having. Usually it is good for keeping me regular.

I just attribute it to me being full of it!! LOL Everyone heals different I guess.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register