Sos I Cant Poop!!!!! =( Caution May Be Tmi **UPDATE** - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sos I Cant Poop!!!!! =( Caution May Be Tmi **UPDATE** Sos I Cant Poop!!!!! =( Caution May Be Tmi **UPDATE**

Unread 03-25-2008, 01:21 PM
Sos I Cant Poop!!!!! =( Caution May Be Tmi **UPDATE**

Milk of magnesa (it made me nausea I used 4 TB)
Colace - twice a day still using it can use 3 times if necessary
Prune juice - once I started this it worked great!
Apple juice
Raisin Bran & fiber in meals like carrots, apple juice, apples, etc

I had my surgery on 3/13 and these helped me to go every day or every other day. I made a similar post it took me a few days to get things going then all the sudden the "flood gates opened" and the toliet became my new best friend! I hope things get moving for you soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2008, 01:22 PM

The fiber REALLY works to get you regular again. I have been having a bowl of shredded wheat the last two days in the morning. This morning I pooped 3X in two hours....I couldn't believe what was in me!
Unread 03-25-2008, 01:30 PM

My GYNs office said "Senakot"

It didn't work for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2008, 01:42 PM

it sure seems impacted!!
Unread 03-25-2008, 01:46 PM

Nicoler....thanks for the visual and the laugh. so i asked my dh if he would help me and he said(IM NOT BOBBY BROWN) apparently on thier short lived reality show (thank goodness) Whitney houston got help with an enama from bobby brown. this is gonna be intresting...
Unread 03-25-2008, 01:58 PM

This is going to sound gross, but here it goes.
I knew what to expect from gas and BM's after tubal a couple years ago so I thought I set myself up pretty well. Stool softners, gas-x for indegestion.
Well wouldn't you know when I finally had to go (5) days later, it was there, not moving. I'm home alone, in a way kind of thankful for that, and i'm afraid to get off toilet. Notice that when you stand up it feels like you best sit back down again? Anyway, I got ky jelly, dabbed with q-tip around rectum and it helped lessen pain and helped, aide it out.

I dream of day husband doesn't come home from work, or when he calls to check up on me, asks"gone poop yet?"
Unread 03-25-2008, 02:02 PM

sounds nice...a normal BM. Just sent my DH out for my trusty enemas...we'll see lol
Unread 03-25-2008, 02:02 PM

you have got to get that poop OUT. I tried ducalax and had sucess in a few hours. I feel for you . this has to be the worst part of the whole ordeal, waiting to see if and when you will poop.
Unread 03-25-2008, 02:04 PM

ohhh and i rubbed vasaline (borrowed from my baby lol) and had the said the same idea...kinda make it easier for it to come out. I never had issues with my hemrriods (from pregnancy) until now. But boy is it fun...not.
Unread 03-25-2008, 02:17 PM

I wish I found you all yesterday. Yesterday was my WORST day ever. 6 days post op, TAH, no BM! The gut was a-rumbling, but nothing came out! Then the rumbling got strong...the urge to push...damb it! The baby's head was stuck behind a hemoride! It kept bulging, I got the gloves and pushed the little sucker back in...the urge to push...I was sweating and thought for sure I was going to blow up inside and die (I am not kidding). Called the doctor..NO DO NOT GIVE ME THE NURSE ANSWERING MACHINE...I am constipated!!!! They are use to dealing with hormonal women, so that worked. I was told to do a glycerine suppository and Phillips Milk of Magnesium.
It wasn't easy to get the suppository in, and the 15 minute wait was horrible. But finally everything was loose enough to make it out. Mind you the neighboors probably thought I was being killed by the screams coming from my bathroom window. I tell you gal's, this is coming from a girl who has a high tolerance for pain!
All is well today. Pressure gone, but I still think I will have a small dose of Milk of Mag. to baby the colon for a day or two, so I don't have to go and have a hemorriod fixed.
AAACCCH

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register