Sos I Cant Poop!!!!! =( Caution May Be Tmi **UPDATE** - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sos I Cant Poop!!!!! =( Caution May Be Tmi **UPDATE** Sos I Cant Poop!!!!! =( Caution May Be Tmi **UPDATE**

Unread 03-26-2008, 12:51 PM
Sos I Cant Poop!!!!! =( Caution May Be Tmi **UPDATE**

ooohhh, I feel so bad for you!! Please let us know how you are!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2008, 12:56 PM

Oh you poor thing! I know the hospital will be able to help you, please keep us posted!

I was the one who posted about the Fleet enema with mineral oil, because I learned my lesson after one trip to the ER! The trick with that is to use it before you get to the point of needing the ER!

Just to explain: most of my bowel issues are not hyst related. I have chronic kidney stones, plus I've had abdominal surgery (not the hyst) that makes me tend towards constipation anyway. So if I get a long kidney stone attack, and I'm on heavy narcotics for several days, I have to be extra careful of constipation leading to bowel impaction. It's landed me in the ER once. I'm not going there again! Lol.
Unread 03-27-2008, 11:31 AM
UPDATE..so glad to be home from ER...heres what happened.

So. I went to the ER because i hadnt had a BM in 12 days! They of course found other things to take care of for me like aparently i have pnuemonia still (had it @ time of dishcarge), Pulminary Embolism, the nerve damage cause the stupid CT guy in radiology made my iv infaltrate and the dye contrast went into my arm nerves and muscle. I have no feeling in my right 3 fingers. Funny how all those things took prority obviously but me having to GO...was handled last =(.

So they took Xrays ultrasounds and Ct and saw that the BM was indeed impacted so much she said there is NO way i would of been able to pass it on my own. My DH was thinking i just wasnt trying hard enough. I passed out twice on the toiliet from trying too hard. (rolling eyes)....so they had to MANUALLY break the BM up. She went through my Vagina and pushed through there and she pulled out thru...uh the anus. (blushing as i type). It hurt like a MOTHER but i said to myself it will all be better in the end. SO she said she got as much as she could reach then tried to send me down the whole FLEET road. I explained once again i had tried anything and everything regarding the fleet line as well as other OTC laxatives and enamas. So she said well there is 1 other thing....this iv type bag with soapy water and a long tube that was inserted. So basically the water goes in as much as u can stand. u hold it in tightly for a few min then race to the toliet to let it out.

LADIES...It was the 1st time i have smiled in SUCH a long time. lol even my nurses clapped for me. So i did that a few times and had soooo much relief. It did not hurt @ all coming out. I was able to take a bag home so that i could do it again if i still have trouble going. I cant believe i spent all that money and time waiting for that other stuff to work and all i needed was available in my kitchen (soap and water lol). Who woulda thunk.

So i stayed the night there and gotta say i wished id gone in sooner. But i kept listening to my DH about trying harder and try this med and messed around and got sick behind it. I had fevers and chills it was definetly starting to effect my body. So my advice to any1 in the same situation... go to the ER if u find that nothing else is working for u. The more u wait the worst it is. Oh and the name of the stuff was Gent-L-Kare Cleansing Enema Set. Comes in a box and like i said looks like a iv bag w long skinny tube. It was the best thing ever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2008, 11:39 AM

I was actually thinking of you a little while ago. I was reading posts about our favorite subject and remembered that you were having such a terrible time.

I am so glad (I know not as glad as you) that you are better now.

Congrats on feeling better. How crazy is it that we can celebrate such things!!!!

Let the recovery resume ....

Blessings on you ....
Unread 03-27-2008, 12:22 PM

thanks Renee'. I was actually thinking i cant wait to get home and post all that happened. lol It was like i was dieing to share what happened with my sisters on here cause there are a few people i remembered reading were starting to have it as bad as i was and i wanted to let them know my miracle lol. thanks for the well wishes hope everything is well with u also.
Unread 03-27-2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyto73
I dream of day husband doesn't come home from work, or when he calls to check up on me, asks"gone poop yet?"
LOL sounds like my DH, "Has Shelly gone poopy yet?" I feel like a baby all I do is eat, sleep, go poop or try to go poop! Wow there are no boundries on this site! I love it!
Unread 03-27-2008, 12:32 PM

asianeyes1981
I'm glad you feel better! Now you can handle it yourself-soap and water? lol Wow the simple things in life!
Unread 03-27-2008, 12:33 PM

oh my goodness am i glad you have been depooped. I cringed when i read the desciption of how the menual removal was done, you are a strong woman! good luck to you and keep up with softeners!!
Unread 03-27-2008, 12:49 PM

I had one of those when I had my son 14 years ago...good old fashioned hospital enama. Funny because I was so young had never even heard the word enema before that!!
Unread 03-27-2008, 12:52 PM

Drink acouple of tablespoons of castor oil. It's gross but really does the job.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register