Sos I Cant Poop!!!!! =( Caution May Be Tmi **UPDATE** - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sos I Cant Poop!!!!! =( Caution May Be Tmi **UPDATE** Sos I Cant Poop!!!!! =( Caution May Be Tmi **UPDATE**

Unread 03-27-2008, 12:54 PM
Sos I Cant Poop!!!!! =( Caution May Be Tmi **UPDATE**

asisaneyes- I am so happy for you !! i was worried about you and hoping that you would post soon !!! congrats !!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2008, 03:01 PM

lol yeah feel MUCH better now that ive been "depooped". it was definetly something i will rememeber for quite sometime. actually which made it all the more funnier to me is that it was done by an on call gyn that treated me kinda mean when i would come to labor and delivery with my last pregnancy (daughter is 10 months now). Everytime i got her she'd barely examine me wait 5 min and tell me to go home or give me a shot to stop my contractions and say ok now u can go home. WHAT!!! Hubby was deployed to Iraq and my daughter kept trying to come from month 5. I was scared and her mean self never try to console me or spend more then 5 to 10 min with me then she had to (rolling eye). She had horrible bedside manner. ANYWAYS so she happened to be on call last night when the ER called her down and when she was explaining all she had to do I smiled and said SURE do what ever u have to. I laughed inside @ the karma i got to witness hehehehe. im horrible i know but seeing a former doc from hell having to "depoop" me manually... PRICELESS. But what was weird she actually seemed sincere that she felt bad for me and made sure the er corpmen were on their toes on finding me relief then and after. I appreciated that. But it didnt stop me from laughing hahahaha...just thought id share =)
Unread 03-27-2008, 04:58 PM

Karma, what a good friend to have!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2008, 05:12 PM

Glad it has all "come out in the end" but did you say you have a pulmonary embolism too??? I hope that they are treating you for THAT!! Take care...this stuff is kinda gross and we all giggle about it but the flip side is if you had waited any longer you risked having your bowel rupture...it sounds like you were close!! I hope you are feeling much better now and well on your way to recovery!
Trish
Unread 03-27-2008, 05:24 PM

i know i was shocked 2 find out exactly how bad it was. they actaully used the words impressive 2 describe it on the xrays! one of the docs said had i waited another 2 days i coulda really did some damaged to my colon. They were saying that they want me to go for a colonoscopy (will be my 2nd) because of all the trama done to it recently. I doubt it is that serious but something to keep tabs on i suppose.
Unread 03-27-2008, 06:05 PM
Sos I Cant Poop

Asianeyes, I am so glad you are more comfortable now. I was very sick as a little girl and back in the 1950's, that type of an enema was "standard procedure" for a lot of illnesses. I remember them well . . .
Unread 03-27-2008, 06:57 PM

I love going back to this thread. Like Asaineyes, but not nearly as bad, the pooping (or lack there of) was worste than anything. I am still taking 1 tsp (not tbls) of Milk of Mag, just cause I am still having flash backs to my "almost" ER visit.
Girls...it aint a party till we can talk about poop (granted, it use to be the kids poop)
Unread 03-28-2008, 08:55 AM

Hi ladies!!
This happened to me as well. When I called the doc he said to take Colace as well as the Miralax. Then told me if it didn't work to try an enema. I never had to do the enema, it worked later that day. I also was using charcoal pills (you can get at any pharmacy) for the gas, it's an old family thing since my mom and I have IBS. You wouldn't want to use it if you are on antibiotics, unless your doc says it's ok, because it says on the bottle that it could absorb the medication. I was lucky and only on Motrin and pain meds. After I had this horrible bout with constipation I started drinking a lot of apple juice (would mix Miralax into it, tastes better) and just eating softer foods for a few days. I'm happy to say though that I don't get pain anymore or constipation, I'm off the laxatives completely and eating normally. I have also been cleared to go back to work next Wed. Life is good. Now only two more weeks till I'm cleared to go running again and I can't wait!!!! I feel guilty saying it but I just haven't had the fatigue that I have read about on the site. The only thing that hasn't felt ready to "go" has been my belly. Other than that my body has felt like it wanted to do normal stuff from day one.
Good luck to all and hope you are all feeling up to par very soon!!!
Unread 04-02-2008, 10:20 PM

Yes......very common!! All those wonderful drugs make you itch and constipate you. In the hospital I managed to pass the suppository they gave me, so they let me come home.
After I got home....I couldn't go. I sat on the throne in such pain. Holding onto the wall and the sink I actually did Lamaze breathing. I'm identifying with the sister who had the sensation of trying to pass a house.
I went the Fleet Glycerine Suppository route. And in order NOT to have to go through THAT again I've started with that Activia Yogurt......one a day.
Works like a charm.
Hope everything comes out okay. (Couldn't resist.....with you, not at you )
Unread 04-03-2008, 04:31 AM

I feel your pain. It was bad. What worked for me was laxetives, prune juice also took gas ex tablets cause the gas pains where bad. Just had to watch how much I would take cause it will catch up. Wish I would of know the done the fleets with the mineral oil. Would of ha faster relief.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register