Anyone still not sleeping? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone still not sleeping? Anyone still not sleeping?

Unread 03-26-2008, 05:00 PM
Anyone still not sleeping?

I feel like raisng my hand and saying me me me. I have alot of problems sleeping since my hyster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2008, 08:13 AM

txlady, your dancing banana made mt giggle. I wish i felt THAT good. I am taking ambien and have been for a bout a year. how about 1 tylenol PM? maybe that would help a bit.
Unread 03-27-2008, 08:15 AM

sillysix, I tried both and liked the regular better than the cr. the CR tended to have me sleep longer but when i woke up i had a headache and was sloghtly dizzy. just my thoughts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2008, 08:36 AM

My dr said to try over the counter estoven PM (Not sure if I spelled that right) anyway there are no drugs in it just herbal supplements. I have only been taking it for 4 days it says on the box allow 7-10 to get it into your system to help with sleeplessness. I am 6 weeks post op and not sleeping more then 1 -2 hours at a time. I am frustrated but dr will not give me hormones due to family history of ovarian cancer and breast cancer. Not sure how long I can hang in there without something.
Unread 03-27-2008, 08:55 AM

My insomnia is a big problem. I was up most of last night. I tried all of the usual things and actually counted back from 1000 and still did not fall asleep. It was after 4 when I finally dozed off only to be awakened at 9 by a phone call from the lady from the insurance company with a billing problem. That is what had me up for a lot of the night. I received a threatening letter from my doctor's billing service over a mistake that they had made. I have never been so angry and upset over a letter.

I do have a prescription sleeping pill but I can't take them when it gets to be so late because then I'd be in bed most of the next day. It is so hard for me to predict when I am up for an all nighter or just having problems getting to sleep.

I am still angry over the way companies send out form letters which do not contain the correct information. It really ticks me off.

Downyocean
Unread 03-27-2008, 09:11 AM

I'm posting this note in three different threads: "Hormone Adjustment and Sleep," "Sleepless in Massachusetts" and "Anyone still not sleeping?"

Based on the following thread: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...threadid=12929
I've tried Ovaltine before bed the last two nights. I bought the chocolate malt version and have been making it with hot milk.

Before Ovaltine, I was sometimes having trouble falling asleep, was always waking up about every two hours, and was sometimes having trouble falling back to sleep after waking up. I usually sleep much better after about 7:00 am, but then I end up sleeping too much into the day. (Luckily I'm a stay-at-home mom and can do that if needed).

After Ovaltine, I'm falling asleep much easier (about like I use to before surgery). I still am waking up during the night, but then I fall right back to sleep.

I've only been doing this two nights, but even just two nights of better sleep is wonderful. I don't know why it works (and I don't really care at this point), but so far the results are promising!!

Annie
TAH/BSO 08Jan08
Vivelle Dot 0.05 (for 5 weeks so far)
Levoxyl 100 mcg for hypothyroidism (for many years)
Unread 03-27-2008, 11:39 AM

I'm off to get more L-Theanine from the health food store. Just ran out and missing it a lot. Used one of my Melatonin caps last night out of desperation, slept more but woke up groggy and puffy eyed.

I guess its a fair trade off, but I still prefer the L-Theanine, its more like having a megadose of warm milk. I'm trying to get back on track before going back to work next week and feeling nervous about the sleep issues, which of course makes it worse right?
Unread 03-27-2008, 01:02 PM
Anyone still not sleeping... try aroma therapy

I've used aroma therapy since I was pregnant with my 9 year old son and was miserably big and couldn't sleep. I originally purchased it for my active kids. My oldest was diagnosed autism didn't sleep for a few years. Once I put some drops on cotton ball and stuck it in a vent, they stopped going in their room until bed time. I put 2 drops full strength on neck and was sleeping in 10 mins. This blend worked for me.

I don't know about other companies out there that have the same benefit. I found this one in the New England Journal of Medicine where one of their products were featured. Hope it helps. It definately gives a pleasant aroma to try and relax in.

Here is the website and I copied the product info from it.
http://www.youngliving.us/products.asp
PEACE & CALMING - 15 ML
Peace & Calming® is a gentle, fragrant blend. When diffused, it helps calm tensions and uplift the spirit, promoting relaxation and a deep sense of peace. When massaged on the bottoms of the feet, it can be a wonderful prelude to a peaceful night's rest. Peace & Calming may be especially calming and comforting to young children after an overactive and stressful day.
Unread 03-27-2008, 01:43 PM

I've been on ambien for a couple of years and have had no problems. My doc has me take a klonopin an hour before I take the ambien "to stop the overactive thoughts". It works most times but I still have those nights where I'm up at 3,4, or 6 am. Usually because I've had water and have to use the restroom. Once I'm up that's it for me. But I've had no troubles with ambien.
Unread 03-28-2008, 01:32 PM

I've tried something for the past two nights called sleeprx and it contains L-Theanine. I could not find just L-Theanine. I think the melatonix works better and this sleeprx STINKS! Is L-Theanine in a pill form? I went to rite-aid. Do I have to go to a health food store? Also, I am on enjuvia and I am afraid it will be messed up with with this sleeprx because it also contains valerian root....don't know....just want to sleep better!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register