Bright Red Blood....this can't be right. - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bright Red Blood....this can't be right. Bright Red Blood....this can't be right.

Unread 03-26-2008, 11:22 AM
Bright Red Blood....this can't be right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoler76
My pre-op my hubby commented on all my research I was doing, watching EVERY OR-Live suregery and all the posts I was reading to the doctor by saying that if I learn ANY more I can do this surgery myself!
Where do you find live OR surgery on hysterectomies? Or even pictures on the procedure?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2008, 11:30 AM

DeniseS
Are you the one who uses a Military hospital? I would go back and insist that they do a CBC count and find where the blood is coming from. Jump the chain of command to get answers. I'm not a Dr but there is no way this is normal. Everyday you are bleeding more and more. If you use the military for your health care is there another hosptial or clinic you can go to? I really hope you feel better soon! You have a lot of hystersisters praying for you! Keep us posted.
Unread 03-26-2008, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnnDe
Go back to the ER and demand they figure this out. When they didn't take the blood for the CBC and told you to go home you should have said something right then and there - its not RIGHT. You don't seem to be a shy persion here - don't be shy with the doctors either. After all , they too are only human.
Keep us posted
No point going back to the ER. They'll just call someone out of the clinic like this did early this morning. Some regular GYN that doesn't know my case. The clinic and hospital staff are pretty good.....the ER staff on the otherhand.....are a whole different animal.

As far as I'm concerned I'm not talking to anyone else going back there until MY doc is back on Tuesday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2008, 11:44 AM

They don't need to know your case. They need to examine you to see where the blood is coming from. You need to explain that you've had recent surgery and let them figure it out. Bleeding bright red blood from now until Tuesday doesn't seem like a logical alternative to me.
Unread 03-26-2008, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw34
Where do you find live OR surgery on hysterectomies? Or even pictures on the procedure?
There is actually video of a Total Vaginal Hysterectomy on You Tube.
Unread 03-26-2008, 11:51 AM

Yep, me and my Navy Hospital. I had a CBC done yesterday and evidentially that one was fine. So, I'm just letting this one go. Honestly all I want to do is sleep. If I could just slepp I'd be a much better person.
Unread 03-26-2008, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine
They don't need to know your case. They need to examine you to see where the blood is coming from. You need to explain that you've had recent surgery and let them figure it out. Bleeding bright red blood from now until Tuesday doesn't seem like a logical alternative to me.
I wish it was that easy. They think the bleeding is coming from part of the incision site where the sphinteroplasty. They say its granulation tissue and there is nothing they can do with it. The resident in charge consulted with the gyn-oncologist that is covering for my URO GYN and they both agree it just has to bleed unitl it heels. Somehow.....it still doesn't seem right.
Unread 03-26-2008, 12:11 PM

you can click on resources tab at the very top right of this page for the videos or google OR Live....It is so amazing.
Unread 03-26-2008, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS
There is actually video of a Total Vaginal Hysterectomy on You Tube.
Thanks, glad I watched it after it was done! Ouch no wonder we are all in pain!
Unread 03-26-2008, 12:52 PM

YEAH not delicate handling eh! More like a mechanic working under the hood!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register