abdominal binder? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

abdominal binder? abdominal binder?

Unread 03-26-2008, 01:14 PM
abdominal binder?

Hi, I had a TAH BSO and I did not get an abdominal binder, I was wondering if pretty much everyone gets one after surgery? Thank you. Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2008, 01:22 PM
abdominal binder?

My doc gave me the binder on the day I left the castle. It has been a huge help. The only time I take it off is when I am showering and can't wait to get it back on. I would call my doc and ask if he can perscribe you one, they are worth their weight in gold.
Unread 03-26-2008, 01:29 PM
abdominal binder?

I was given one the hospital, but stop wearing it because they said it can contibute to having diffculty with BMs. I brought it home, but never wore it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2008, 02:03 PM
abdominal binder?

I also was given a binder in the hospital, actually I ended up with two. I only remove mine for showering and then it's back on. I've not noticed any BM problems. In fact, my constipation problem improved tremendously after my H.
Unread 03-26-2008, 03:51 PM
abdominal binder?

Hiya, I woke up from surgery with my binder on. Pre-op I asked my doc if i should buy one and she told me it was standard procedure to provide one for me. So i don't know if it is her standard procedure or something they always do. However, I keep mine on all the time except for showers and the unfortunate times that I have to throw it in the wash lol. I don't know what i would be doing without it
Unread 03-26-2008, 04:33 PM
abdominal binder?

I came out of the OR with one, well I say out of the OR, I woke up in recovery with it on and today is the first day with it off except for showers. Took it off this afternoon just to see and boy did I miss it on my afternoon longer walk. Come bed time that babe is going back on. I can't even think how I would have made it without one. Had my TAH/BSO on 3/10. Good luck and if you have not yet I would get one.
Unread 03-26-2008, 04:35 PM
abdominal binder?

I didn't get one. I asked my doctor about it and she said she only gives it to women with vertical incisions. When I had my vertical incision 20+ years ago, I didn't get one then either. (maybe they weren't around back then).

I could have used one this time around also. I have been using a very wide ace bandage that I used to use for my knee. It has been a great help and I can adjust the support as I need it. I loosen it whenever I sit or lay down. I only use it for support while standing/walking. It helps support the swelly belly!
Unread 03-26-2008, 06:19 PM
abdominal binder?

I work up in the recovery room with a binder. I wore it in the hospital and also the dayd after I was released but quit wearing it after that. I was so afraid my stomach muscles would become accustomed to it.
Unread 03-26-2008, 06:57 PM
abdominal binder?

I didn't get one, and I had SAH with horizontal incision. i use a wide Ace bandage sometimes for support.
Unread 03-26-2008, 09:19 PM
abdominal binder?

didn't get one. ones in stores are for men so i went without.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register