I want a bath ( 4 weeks post op tomorrow) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I want a bath ( 4 weeks post op tomorrow) I want a bath ( 4 weeks post op tomorrow)

Unread 03-28-2008, 08:40 AM
I want a bath ( 4 weeks post op tomorrow)

Yes I heard though that regardless of TVH or a TAH there is still a vaginal cap or vault to worry about in the bath. It shouldnt make a difference in that way according to my Aunt but I am not so sure after reading these posts. Maybe it has to do with discharge instead? Hmm interesting for sure! Either way I feel great. I walked 3 times yesterday and wish I could drive but not allowed till my 6 week check up. ARGH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2008, 10:02 AM

Yes, it is funny how DRs. have different opinions. It makes sense it might make a difference with having discharge or not. I haven't bled since 2nd day of surgery or haven't had any other discharge either. I did have some silver nitrate applied at my 5 week checkup but that didn't even bother me too much. I have been driving since my 3rd week, but haven't really ventured out too far from home. It's good that I only live 2 miles from anything, lol.
Unread 03-29-2008, 12:05 PM

Ok, that's it, I'm convinced I'm going to take a hot bath, no soap or salts, just plain water.
My discharge is mostly clear, sometimes a little pink - just a few drops a day at this point. My doc says its normal.
Since a pool is mostly clear water with clorine does that count the same as a bath ???? My doc said I could go in after two weeks but that he's only guessing since there haven't been any studies LOL. I'm almost 6 weeks post op and I go back to work on Thursday. I want to lounge in the pool before I go back !!!

I'm SO glad you got your bath Star and you're my hero for posting your doc's instructions on the subject !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2008, 02:32 PM

I too longed for a bath but waited until my 6 week check up. It was wonderful but I did not use any salts or additives.

The sex part is still aluding me. DH is having some physical problems and it is really getting me down. I am sooooo ready but I feel like a "dirty old lady " when I know none of his problems are his fault. We've been married almost 40 years and my birthday is Monday. If I don't get my usual birthday "gift" I will know that I am officially an OLD lady and then I'll be ready to just die.

Downyocean
Unread 03-29-2008, 08:01 PM

I feel so left out. I hate baths! Give me a quick shower---the quicker the better.

The only water I like to immerse myself in is the ocean! And then just long enough to cool off.

Y'all enjoy one for me!

teresa
03/06/08 TAH for fibroids; kept ovaries
Unread 03-29-2008, 08:16 PM

My doctor had me wait 10 days. My staples were taken out before I left the hospital. The nurse put a type of super glue and steri strips on me and that is the reason that I was told that I could not soak in the tub.

I LOVE my hot tub soaks.
Unread 03-29-2008, 10:01 PM

I took the plunge tonight and had a nice warm bath, too quick though I didn't want to stay too long but it was wonderful.
Unread 03-29-2008, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsharer
I am back! Just called my doctor and his secretary said No problem. Just as long as I soak in normal warm water with no soap or bubbles. Now my next question. Why can we use soap in the shower but not in the tub? How do I wash? Just not and then soak only and then shower later? Joanne. Do you still have discharge? I dont think I do. I really feel normal down there.

That is actually very easy to answer....soaking in the tub means that water, soap and any bacteria will go where ever they want. In the shower, the soap is basically on your skin and rinsed off quickly.

Baths are really not the most sanitary things. I rarely take a bath, even with a gorgeous garden tub with jets, but when I do, I shower afterward to clean off.
Unread 04-03-2008, 09:03 PM

I love to soak in my gorgeous garden tub with jets, candles, and soft music, or a great book on CD. My Dr said no bath, or jacuzzi or any type of immersion until 6 weeks. boo hoo
Unread 04-03-2008, 09:06 PM

Sorry gals I had my 3rd bath today....doc okayed it and just in and out. Still waiting for that LONG soak.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register