Suprapubic catheter anyone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Suprapubic catheter anyone? Suprapubic catheter anyone?

Unread 03-27-2008, 09:25 AM
Catheter questions

On March 14 I had a TVH (kept ovaries), along with a cystocele repair (bladder repair). Later that day and the next had some problems with blood pressure dropping, hematocrit (sp) dropping and some bleeding. Had to go back into surgery to find out where the problem was; found and repaired and had to have 2 units of blood. Came home on 3/16 with a subpubic catheter in place, because of the bladder part of the surgery.

Feeling pretty good most days, pain not unbareable. More cramping than anything else. I know that some days I over do it and can tell. My main concern is still not being able to pee much on my own. Until I can do that, the catheter stays in place. It is getting very frustrating and and depressing.

Does anyone have any experience with having the subpubic cathether? If so, how long was it in? When did you start going all your own, more than a few drops? Etc?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2008, 09:37 AM
Suprapubic catheter anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy H
On March 14 I had a TVH (kept ovaries), along with a cystocele repair (bladder repair). Later that day and the next had some problems with blood pressure dropping, hematocrit (sp) dropping and some bleeding. Had to go back into surgery to find out where the problem was; found and repaired and had to have 2 units of blood. Came home on 3/16 with a subpubic catheter in place, because of the bladder part of the surgery.

Feeling pretty good most days, pain not unbareable. More cramping than anything else. I know that some days I over do it and can tell. My main concern is still not being able to pee much on my own. Until I can do that, the catheter stays in place. It is getting very frustrating and and depressing.

Does anyone have any experience with having the subpubic cathether? If so, how long was it in? When did you start going all your own, more than a few drops? Etc?

Thanks.
I'm not peeing well either. But even before surgery I didn't. It doesn't seem to be anything surgical. My UroGyn said she that my bladder is acting like someone with diabetes so she said we would concerntrate on that more after the surgery. So, I'm hoping it gets addressed when I see her on Tuesday. Usually, she'll have me "void" and then come back and cath me to see how much is left. Usually, it's a bladder full. But then I feel soooo much better. So I don't know if she will cath me when I go in or not but honestly, I know it sounds weird, but I wish she would.

Anyway......that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Unread 03-27-2008, 08:26 PM
Suprapubic catheter anyone?

I had a suprapubic in for 2 weeks. They nicked my bladder removing all the adhesions. He fist said one week then changed his mind to two because he wanted to give my bladder sufficient time to heal.

I felt so free when it was out but bummed because i had to get up and pee. LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register