Four Weeks Post-op & life is a mess :( (Updated April 12) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Four Weeks Post-op & life is a mess :( (Updated April 12) Four Weeks Post-op & life is a mess :( (Updated April 12)

Unread 03-27-2008, 08:46 PM
Four Weeks Post-op & life is a mess :( (Updated April 12)

Thank you so much for sharing your story Karen, that helps me a lot. Good for you for searching for the right doctor to do your surgery and not just giving up. I can understand the fatigue, he's dealing with that right now. He spends a lot of time resting, but he never sleeps very well due to the pain. He's just really anxious to get this thing removed, the sooner the better. I'm sitting here on pins and needles just waiting to go see the Neurologist tomorrow so I can discuss treatment and options and get all my questions answered. Feels like I just did all of this last month for myself.... oh wait, I did, only it was an Oncologist. I am so thankful that I was able to have my surgery assisted with the davinci robot so that my healing time was cut down dramatically. I don't know what I would do if I had open surgery and was having to deal with this. Guess I have to be thankful for the little things in life right now :0)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2008, 12:06 AM

I'm so sorry sweetheart, that had to be absolutely devastating news. I can't imagine how I would feel if I had to go through that. I hope that everything turns out for you and your family. Stay strong, and I will keep you in my prayers. Good luck!
Unread 03-28-2008, 09:56 AM

Dear Wishonastar,

We are thinking of you today. Best wishes, thoughts and prayers are being sent your way...................

Take care.

Sincerely, Irish Bridie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2008, 10:04 AM

wishonastar

lots of hugs and prayers coming your way! the good Lord only gives us what he knows we can handle....everything will be great!...keep the faith sista!
Unread 03-28-2008, 10:19 AM

Oh, my goodness! You poor, poor thing. I cannot even begin to imagine what you are going through right now! But I will say that great strides have been made in cancer treatments in recent years. The outlook is much brighter than it has ever been before.

I've already said a Healing Prayer for your dh, and will continue to pray for a good outcome, and for strength for you and your entire family.

I can imagine it's very hard to look at "the bright side" right now, but at least this news came when you're more than a month out, instead of a week out. That would have been even more devastating.

You speak of your profound sadness. This is a grieving process. You are grieving the loss of the idea that your dh is whole and healthy. Allow yourself to grieve. Allow yourself to feel what you're feeling, and above all, be gentle with yourself!
Unread 03-30-2008, 06:24 AM

Sometimes it feels like we are constantly being tested and wonder when it will ever end. I will pray for peace for you. My husband had a brain tumor and it was removed, he recovered quicker then he did when he had hand surgery! There are may great stories out there. We are never given more then we can handle and aren't we surprised when we see just how much we can? I will have you all in my thoughts. Just hold on tight to eachother.
Unread 03-30-2008, 10:58 AM

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. This is truly testing our inner strength and I am trying so hard to believe that everything will be okay and I will have my husband healthy once again. I thought I was already at the bottom emotionally with all the sad things going on in my life these past six months. I had a cancer scare myself, with good reasons, my best friend got a blood clot in her brain giving birth to her twins eight weeks ago, my mother-in-law was diagnosed with brain cancer and it is terminal, my complete hysterectomy just leaves me feeling so empty and now my sweet husband being diagnosed with a 8cm brain tumor... well who wouldn't feel like they had hit bottom? I am seeking help from my family and friends, as well as some outside help to help get me through this. My husband seems to be handling this okay, given the circumstances. This coming week will be filled with more tests and preparation for the upcoming surgery, which will probably be the following week. I will do my best to stay strong and keep faith that happy days are just around the corner. I appreciate all the support I have been getting from you wonderful women. Thank you so much!
Unread 04-12-2008, 01:27 PM

When I started this thread I was at an all time low in my life. Today I'm happy to report that things are much better. At just four weeks post-op my husband was diagnosed with a very large brain tumor. He was scheduled for surgery to have it removed on the the six week anniversary of my hysterectomy. Today, just four days after his surgery we sat in the bleachers and watched our son play baseball. I am just amazed at how well he has done and how much our lives can change in a single instant! We received the best news ever from his doctor... the tumor was 100% removed and benign (music to our ears). In the meantime I had my six week post-op check up with my Oncologist. Although I've had some set backs physically due to pushing myself too hard these past couple of weeks, I am overall doing very well. I am still on restrictions for another three weeks, which is fine. I started having a lot of stinky brown discharge and abdominal pains, but upon examination he said that everything seemed to be okay. Today the weather is just beautiful here in Northern California and I'm just going to sit back and relax because life is beautiful :0) Thank you so much to all of you that offered support to me through this!
Unread 04-12-2008, 02:33 PM

I'm so happy to hear the good news about your husband. Continue to take good care of yourself!!
Unread 04-12-2008, 03:46 PM

I'm so thrilled to hear the good news!!

Your husband will have bouts of fatigue here and there for several months. Where the hyst fatigue is like feeling wiped out, the brain surgery fatigue can feel like being totaled. He'll need to let himself rest and the fatigue will be less and less frequent as time goes on. I was back to work in 4 weeks without any problems. I just had my 6 month MRI and it came back clear. I wish him (and you) all the best!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register