Arm pain turns into Entire right side body pain....input please?? Update! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Arm pain turns into Entire right side body pain....input please??  Update! Arm pain turns into Entire right side body pain....input please?? Update!

Unread 03-27-2008, 07:55 PM
Arm pain turns into Entire right side body pain....input please??

Any input here would be appreciated. I already have an appointment with my PCP on Monday but I have a couple questions.

I posted a few days ago about the "frozen arm" got some OTC cortizone cream and arm was better for 2 days. Yesterday afternoon it started up again, paining when ever I lift it even just a few degrees or turn my palm up. Pain with movement. BUT NOW...

...today, my whole right side is aching/issues here is a run down.

1. Right arm shoulder, now arm and forarm aching, ring finger and pinkie feel funny (first thought is nerve)
2. Right side of my chest aches and hurts some when I take a deep breat (like chest muscle..not lung) Making my right breast feel like stabs every now and then.
4 right side back ache
3. Right side pelvic pain ...asuming obviously from hyster
4 right side vagina hurts....don't laugh I am working my way down
5 right hip leg kinda achy but toe next to big toe also feels a little numb/tingly.

It kinda feels like is joint pain but only on right side. I do not sleep on this right side, being good patient haven't lifted anything.

ANY Ideas??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2008, 08:03 PM
Arm pain turns into Entire right side body pain....input please?? Update!

I think you need to go to your nearest ER immediately. The signs you are posting could be many things some of them very serious. Please do not wait until Monday. Go in now and find out what is going on.

Let us know what you find out!
Unread 03-27-2008, 08:06 PM

(((Nicole))), if I had those symptoms, I would not wait for a Monday appointment. I would call the doctor at the very least. I think a trip to the emergency room would be a good idea to get these symptoms checked out. These don't sound like normal post-op recovery concerns to me.

Please call your doctor and/or have someone take you to the emergency room. Let us know how you are doing after you've been checked, okay?

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2008, 08:32 PM

I was wondering about that....With the exception of my shoulder and arm really aching the rest are more vague but enough to notice. I could call the nurse line....
Unread 03-27-2008, 08:36 PM

(((Nicole))), please call someone. It's not worth guessing what it could be when there are medical professionals who could evaluate you and tell you what it is...or isn't. Please do not put off calling. Nothing we can post here takes the place of calling your own physician. The call will be worth peace of mind if nothing else.

s
Unread 03-27-2008, 08:39 PM

Okay I am calling the nurse line. Fill you in soon.
Unread 03-27-2008, 09:14 PM

Okay, talked to the nurse at the local hospital and she asked a ton of questions and said if I really wanted to I could go to the ER if the pain get's too bad otherwise I need to call my doctor first thing in the morning to get it looked at , get some x-rays and tests ordered. I will probably end up having the dreaded cortizone shot in the socket....UGH!!

We only have one hosptial in town for a community of 80,000...go figure. With several previous visits the average is a good 5/6 hours before you see the doc or you get forgotten (yes that actually happened!)
So for right now at least I would prefer waiting in my comfy bed.
Unread 03-28-2008, 02:32 AM

I am wondering if there was some nerve damage from your surgery? But I agree with the other ladies, I think you need to check it out.. It is possible that you had a TIA (small stroke).... Don't want to scare you, but I would guess that is a possiblity. I AM NOT A DOCTOR.... JUST MY OPINION
Unread 03-28-2008, 06:25 AM

PattieO thanks for you input....no scarring me anymore. I am waiting for my doc's office to open. I had a couple hours sleep but not a whole lot. I will make sure to update you all as soon as I know more. I was comfortable waiting for my own doc this morning instead of the awful ER docs we have here.....sorry to any Docs out there. (Who amongst other things diagnosed a miscarriage as me just having a tummy ache..huh??)

I am only 32 but when I was 19 I had a mini- stroke (TIA), luckily no lasting side effects.

The uro/gyn told me before that because of that nerve damage is quite possible in bladder sling op's because there are litterally millins of nerve endings in our groin area.
Unread 03-28-2008, 07:12 AM

Off to the ER for me....talked to nurse at docs office. DH is taking me.

thanks for all the input ...talk to you all soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register