how long before hot flashes start... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

how long before hot flashes start... how long before hot flashes start...

Unread 03-28-2008, 11:41 AM
how long before hot flashes start...

was wondering how long after surgery do you begin having menopause symptoms? I have no ovaries, and I have not had any hot flashes, headaches, etc....thank God! my doctor was a bit surprised but wants to see me in 10 days again.
blessings,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2008, 12:12 PM

My surgery was on Feb. 7th and I started getting hot flashes and night sweats about 2 weeks after. I might have been getting them sooner at night and didn't realize because I had so many blankets on I thought I was just hot from that : )

Good Luck!
Unread 03-28-2008, 01:27 PM

Are you on HRT? Your lucky if you don't have hot flashes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2008, 01:40 PM

SW34

I notice you had surgery two weeks ago - how are you feeling? I'm not on HRT due to Endo and my doc said I couldn't take anyhing for at least 7 months - I'm almost two months out. Not sleeping is the worst for me. Are you on HRT?
Unread 03-28-2008, 02:45 PM

I've been on the lowest Climara patch (.025) and haven't had any hot flashes since my TAH/BSO Dec 21, 07.
Unread 03-28-2008, 04:53 PM

Lucky you! I actually kept my darn ovaries and I started having hot flashes and nightsweats on the 2nd day after my surgery lol. They still haven't stopped and I'm just hoping and waiting til they kick in and fire up! This is annoying!
Unread 03-28-2008, 05:40 PM

Hi ladies, no, I am not in HRT due to endo, the doctor says he took all the endo out, but I am so afraid that this disease is going to come back that I am going to try (if need to) natural medicine to deal with menopause symptoms. but as of yet, has not felt any symptoms, besides hot flashes and moodiness, what else is there.?
blessings,
Unread 03-28-2008, 05:49 PM

Count yourself lucky!! Mine started within a week of surgery (2/4/08). The worst for me was the night sweats and the crying. I am not an emotional person normally so the crying drove me nuts. My doctor recommended Estroven and thankfully it has helped with everything but the hot flashes.

Good luck!!!
Unread 03-28-2008, 06:15 PM

I had hot flashes and insomnia the first few nights after surgery, but they've leveled off to every once in awhile--mostly when I'm stressed about somethng. I'm hoping keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't get any worse.
Unread 03-28-2008, 06:51 PM
hot flashes

I asked my doctor yesterday about going through it all because I was having a heck of a lot of hot flashes, night sweats, etc, before the surgery. All of those things have completely stopped. He told me to keep my fingers crossed because I may not have them again. I had everything taken out and he doesn't want me to go on HRT because he had to leave some endo on the ureter. He was afraid he would damage it and cause more problems. He said if I could stay off HRT then it would dry up.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register