Period over party any ideas... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Period over party any ideas... Period over party any ideas...

Unread 03-28-2008, 03:50 PM
Period over party any ideas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banff4me
Oh... and for the game.

How about getting a full sized picture of a 'super model' and play PIN THE PAD ON THE DONKEY. Sorry... I just had to.
priceless!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banff4me
Hey... I'd fly in from Canada!! You have a great idea and it sounds like a hoot!! Have a wonderful time and a great summer wearing your whites! Now I'm going to spend the rest of my afternoon thinking of decor. It's like the song that doesn't leave your head!

Hey I should have everyone else wear red (since they still have thier periods) and I'll wear white! LOL Your welcome the more the merrier!
Unread 03-28-2008, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Bridie
Hi SW34!

I think it's a great idea to celebrate because it is....something to celebrate! Have a wonderful time. I'm celebrating it too. My family celebrates everything - what's life without celebrations?

Here are some ideas:

Invitations: Write the party invitations on panty shields and mail them in red envelopes!

Game: Have every person who is attending the party put $5.00 or more on the table. Place a trash can at the far end of the room. Gather all of your leftover tampons and pads and put them in a box. Have each person there, take turns throwing the tampons and pads (like a basketball) across the room and try to get them into the trash can. The person who gets the most 'baskets' wins all the money!!!!!!!!!!

May I be invited to your party??!! Hee Hee!!
Of course your welcome! I agree this is something to celebrate-NO MOR PERIODS! What a gift! I really like the invite idea very creative. I have lots of pads left over. I can also write in red haha. Great idea for a game how fun!

Thanks my hystersisters are giving me great ideas I can't wait!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2008, 05:31 PM

How about "Bloody Mary's" for your drink choice? In the Hysterataville forum, there is a craft link for tampon crafts.

You could add to their take-home gift bag and give them feminine products. Or you could give them small PMS gift baskets with chocolate, teas, midol, etc.

Maybe you could make up your own version of Taboo, or Pictionary, or Charades? Have period related words or phrases mixed in with the normal cards.
Unread 03-28-2008, 05:58 PM

for drinks i would make red lava lamps...make red jello shots in a cake pan, let set, 'flake' the jello with a fork, put a bit in a champagne glass, top with champagne...(you can also use the 'nasty' ice cube trays from the 'adult store' and float the 'item' in the glass)

as for decorations...christmas lights with tule over them with tampons and midol boxes sprinkled in...you can also put vases of red water on mirrors mixed in with the lights...tampon trees? tampon flowers? make 'birds' out of the pads with wings?

Fun game...best part of never having your period again and why...have evveryone fill out a sentence on a slip of paper when they walk in, put in a hat and after a few 'drinks' pull one out and read it...
Unread 03-28-2008, 06:01 PM
Period....OVER...party!

Hi there!

Just a short reply to the sister named....Piercedprincess.....

First of all, I liked your ideas for the party!

Second, you wrote that your location is......'In the middle of nowhere!'......Where is the middle of nowhere? Aren't we all in the middle of nowhere??!! He He He!

I can tell you one thing....I've been to the middle of nowhere! Just wondering if it's the same 'middle of nowhere' that you've been! Ha ha ha!

Have a sunny day! Take care.

Hugs, Irish Bridie
Unread 03-28-2008, 06:19 PM

You all are HYSTERical! I have been telling my husband that i wanted to have a "going away" party and he is freaking out! He truely thinks we are all nuts!

I think we are going to settle on a "thank you" party for all those friends and family that helped us through this ordeal. I think I might just sneak in some of your ideas and only clue in the women at the party! Men just don't get it!

Good luck and remember to let us all know how it turns out!
Unread 03-28-2008, 07:49 PM

How about tying tampon dispensers around your cats neck seeing how they love to dig them out of the garbage! One last hooray for the kitties, LOL. If you don't have cats, you can borrow mine.

Your party sounds like a blast!
Unread 03-28-2008, 08:36 PM

I love this idea! I will have to copy these down and do this when I get all better. I will have to start a guest list. I love this site y'all are the best!
Unread 03-28-2008, 08:38 PM

More red in the drink -- HURRICANES! order the mix online from <Oops! Links to commercial websites aren't allowed on the message boards per our site's Guidelines.>

I've seen the directions for tampon angels, but those only work with Tampax -- maybe just open the craft table, give prizes for the best craft? give away a gift certificate for pretty underwear that we can now wear!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register