Period over party any ideas... - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Period over party any ideas... Period over party any ideas...

Unread 03-28-2008, 08:44 PM
Period over party any ideas...

Thank you ladies what great ideas! I'll have to find the link for the tampon angles/crafts. Keep the ideas coming this is great brainstorming!

FrozenTundra I love the game idea! I know I sure could think of some answers, LOL.

I'll let everyone know how it goes I plan on having it at the end of April. I hope I'll be healed by then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2008, 08:58 PM

I had a "Bon Voyage to Pam's Uterus" party. Lots of fun. Everyone had to wear read - I did the tampon centerpiece -dipped them in colored water and then just put a bunch together to make a "bouquet" of sorts. We had red velvet cake. We had a chocolate fountain and put red chocolate in it. We played pin the tampon on the uterus - I asked my doctor for one of those posters that shows the female reproductive system - she was happy to give me one. We also played a version of "have you ever" except we gave points instead of had everyone take a shot (some of my friends there were pregnant and couldn't drink). With Have You Ever we had things like - "Have you ever had to ask a total stranger in a public bathroom for change to buy female hygeine products?" Or "Have you ever had to leave work with a sweater tied around your waist?" stuff like that. It was hysterical. My gift bags that I gave out when they left all had pads or tampons in them - have fun I don't need them anymore. Everyone loved it. It was a great night.
Unread 03-28-2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaDV
I had a "Bon Voyage to Pam's Uterus" party. Lots of fun. Everyone had to wear read - I did the tampon centerpiece -dipped them in colored water and then just put a bunch together to make a "bouquet" of sorts. We had red velvet cake. We had a chocolate fountain and put red chocolate in it. We played pin the tampon on the uterus - I asked my doctor for one of those posters that shows the female reproductive system - she was happy to give me one. We also played a version of "have you ever" except we gave points instead of had everyone take a shot (some of my friends there were pregnant and couldn't drink). With Have You Ever we had things like - "Have you ever had to ask a total stranger in a public bathroom for change to buy female hygeine products?" Or "Have you ever had to leave work with a sweater tied around your waist?" stuff like that. It was hysterical. My gift bags that I gave out when they left all had pads or tampons in them - have fun I don't need them anymore. Everyone loved it. It was a great night.
Sounds like a great time! Have you ever... to funny! I'm going to steal this idea for sure!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2008, 09:13 PM

Honestly, I would simply hold a party and not do the "pads" thing. Many of your guests may find that to be, well, gross.

My birthday was 5 days post-op, so I did throw myself a party at a local wine shop. I had about 60 people show up and I was the only one not allowed to have any wine! Waaaaaa!
Unread 03-29-2008, 12:50 AM

Maybe you can have a bonfire? Some kind of ceremonial burning of the "period panties!"

Or your invitations can request a pair of pretty panties from each guest?

PamelaDV - I love the party game! That is sooo funny!

You need to add some red fruits to your food list too. Maybe some watermelon, or choc. dipped strawberries.

Or anything in barbecue sauce - little sausages, meatballs. Or even buffalo wings!
Unread 03-29-2008, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soprano2
give away a gift certificate for pretty underwear that we can now wear!

I can't wait to go buy new underwear! I'm throwing all the old "period underwear" out!
Unread 04-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Bye in other languages...

For my Period Over Party (see other thread) I'm making invites with good bye in other languages on the cover (my sister's idea).

Does anyone know good bye in any languages?

I only know:
Ciao in Italian
Auf Wiedersehen in German

Thanks!

Shelly
Unread 04-02-2008, 03:34 PM

Here are a few you can google some more also.

Afrikaans: Totsiens
Xhosa: Uhambe
Zulu: Hamba kahle
Unread 04-02-2008, 04:24 PM

After I posted this I found a bunch. I was having trouble finding some. Thanks I'll add these to the list.
Unread 04-04-2008, 11:52 PM

I love all of your ideas. My friends think I am nuts! I told them that since I will never have a little person shower, that I thought they should throw me a shower for my surgery. They should all get me gift cards for Victoria Secret and WHITE pants, jeans, capris, skirts. It has been a lot of years since I have worn light colored pants. People probably won't recognize me when I show up at work without black pants on.
Has anyone ever seen the diaper cakes. They are made of towels, burp rags, and blankets. I think this could also work with your new found items: cute panties, white pants, etc.
There is also a game that my neighbors have. It is a tossing game that kind of looks like a small fence. They thow these balls on a string. You could tie 2 tampons together and do that.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register