No bleeding post op, still need pad? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No bleeding post op, still need pad? No bleeding post op, still need pad?

Unread 03-29-2008, 07:59 AM
No bleeding post op, still need pad?

I haven't had any spotting or discharge at all after my LSH Thursday morning. Do you think I still need a pad? Did any of you have bleeding later even though you didn't have any at first? I'm thinking I could just use a panty liner in case.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2008, 08:56 AM

Good morning,
I too have had no bleeding or discharge but I do put on a pantyliner just in case.
Unread 03-29-2008, 09:00 AM

I haven't had any spotting or discharge since my LSH on 3/5. The doc seemed to be pleased when she saw me at 2 weeks because it meant she did a good job with cauterizing and I hadn't strained anything. I even managed to get through my usual menstruation time with no discharge, so I suspect I'm not going to even suffer from the possibility of mini-periods (having kept my cervix).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2008, 09:03 AM

I had my LSH / LSO on Feb 13, I am six weeks post-op and have not had any bleeding or discharge at all. I have been pad free for 6 weeks. I am so happy. Take care.
Unread 03-29-2008, 09:07 AM

i bled about a month after my lsh..pretty heavy with clots. i wasnt prepared. maybe dont wear one but carry it with you.
Unread 03-29-2008, 10:04 AM

That sounds great I hope this continues no spotting . I'll wear a panty liner in case and bring a pad with me in case also. Thanks for the responses.
Unread 03-29-2008, 12:02 PM

I had spotting after 10 days post-op and lasted about a month. I wasn't prepared, so had to go to the store to buy some pads.
Unread 03-29-2008, 06:35 PM

i had alot of post op bleeding, close to 4 weeks worth.
Unread 03-29-2008, 06:53 PM

I wonder if it makes a difference since I still have my cervix so there is no vaginal cuff with stitches which I would think would cause more bleeding as that heals and the stitches disolve. They cauterized my cervix inside there after removing the uterus also. Also I have no incisions in the vagina at all. I just have the little belly button one and a little one on each side close to my hips.

I do have two bags of pads in case I start bleeding. After reading about post-op results on here and the bleeding I decided to keep all my pads that I had for after.
Unread 03-29-2008, 06:56 PM

I don't have my cervix and still have enough watery discharge to wear a liner with very occasional pinkness. I too was going to get rid of all my dri-liners (3 boxes) right away....good thing I kept it because I only have one box left!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register