I am going back to work Monday....part-time | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am going back to work Monday....part-time I am going back to work Monday....part-time

Unread 03-29-2008, 09:03 AM
I am going back to work Monday....part-time

I went to the doctor Friday and got his clearance to go back to work on Monday, part-time. I work in an office doing accts pay/ accts rec. Doctor told me that if I had a job that required my standing 8-9 hrs a day that the answer would be no but he said it would be ok to go back to my desk job. He said for me to expect to be extremely tired and sore (run down feeling) as my body adjusts.

Anyone else go back to work early? My mother is having a fit for me not to go back yet she says that it is entirely too soon and I need to take more recovery time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2008, 10:55 AM

This is pretty quick - I went back to work part-time at 4 weeks (we were going into a crunch time at work) and that was really too soon. What your Dr told you is absolutely right - you are going to be extremely tired and sore. And your Mother is right, too. If I could have done it differently I wouldn't have gone back to work part-time until 6 wks - and I had a very easy recovery. Be kind to yourself - I would let your boss know that you are "trying" this and it might be more than you can really tolerate. If you don't have to go back now, I would delay things a couple more weeks. Good luck! Mariah
Unread 03-29-2008, 11:52 AM

I was going to go back this Monday which would have been 5 weeks, then changed my mind and told my boss April 7. I will be going back full time. I also have a desk job. I find that sitting for too long is really stressful on the whole pelvic area and if I sit here on the Puter for a couple of hours I'll be at my max swelling level in no time. I listened to the other ladies and I now agree that we have just one chance to heal well so I don't regret taking one more week. Besides that I feel like I've reached a level spot in my healing, I pretty much feel the same as last week, great one moment puffy and sore the next.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2008, 02:01 PM

I had my surgery on March 10 and (also had an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) and I am still sore. Can't imagine going back to work yet!!!! I took off two MONTHS and I'm worried that won't be enough. I think the tummy tuck is the cause of the pain I'm having. Almost forgot about the hyst. Take more time because I've read of people who do things too soon and then find themselves all swollen and going backwards in thier recovery. I think your mom is absolutely right!
Unread 03-30-2008, 02:10 PM

Going back part-time to the desk job is okay, depending on how you feel. I went back to work after 7 or 8 weeks. The key for me is to balance the time sitting with time walking. Just try 3 or 4 hours a day, 3 or 4 days for the first week. I worked 3 5-hour days the first week back and was exhausted! I was (and still get 10 weeks later) swelly & gassy by the afternoon. I have been back full time for two weeks, but depending on the sched in the office, I may consider staying home a day or two this coming week. I've been feeling fatigued this weekend...not that I'm resting....trying to get back to exercise (walking more)...doing the laundry...groceries...yeah, I think I could have overdone it just a hair this weekend. hheheheeheh...
You all have a great week!
Unread 03-30-2008, 02:18 PM

I am going back to work on Monday too. I had a TVH on March 13th and feel pretty good. I just hope I can sleep well tonight, then i should be fine. If I don't sleep well, i will be exhausted. so much depends on my sleep.
Unread 03-30-2008, 02:49 PM

I'm going back to work tomorrow full time. I'm a data secretary at a school and it's spring break so it should be quiet this week. My back is still bothering me quite a bit so I hope I won't be stiff by the end of the day.
Unread 03-30-2008, 03:38 PM

I will post tomorrow after I work 1/2 a day to let y'all know how it went. Bea Potter I am with you depending on how I sleep tonight will greatly effect how I feel tomorrow.
Unread 03-30-2008, 04:26 PM

nlee, i think i will have an ambien and a tylenol pm, just to make sure. I work as a TA in middle school special ed. we do have school for the next 2 weeks then a week off then I go with the 8th grade to Washington DC for 5 days, yipee

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register