hot flashes WITH ovaries | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

hot flashes WITH ovaries hot flashes WITH ovaries

Unread 03-29-2008, 10:31 AM
hot flashes WITH ovaries

Ok my Dr. acted like he did such a wonderful thing by letting me keep my ovaries so that I wouldn't go through menopause so young. Well I am waking up some nights 2-3 times drenched in sweat!! What gives?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2008, 10:48 AM
hot flashes WITH ovaries

My understanding is that after surgery the ovaries sometimes go into "shock" and stop working at their usual "rate" for a while. It should improve, I would guess within the next couple weeks (uneducated guess). I kept my ovary (the other is just a 1/2) - I did see a hormonal change for a number of weeks after surgery but then it did level out. You might call your Dr and ask when you can expect your ovaries to kick into gear again - good luck! Mariah
Unread 03-29-2008, 10:58 AM
hot flashes WITH ovaries

I was surprised to get my first hot flash 4 days after surgery - also having kept ovaries. Keeping your ovaries does not guarantee hormone production. From what I understand they can go into shock and sometimes shut down for good after surgery. It depends on your age as well. Give yourself a couple of weeks and see what happens. After my first few flashes, I have not had them since - it's been 3 weeks now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2008, 06:26 AM
hot flashes WITH ovaries

I am glad to hear about the "shock" thing. I was wondering why I still had an overy and I seemed to get much hotter then everyone around me. Thanks for the hope.
Unread 03-30-2008, 07:27 AM
hot flashes WITH ovaries

I am getting the flashes and not being able to sleep too well, i will need to find a cure since i am back to work tomorrow and can't nap on the job.
Unread 04-01-2008, 07:13 AM
hot flashes WITH ovaries

I too have been experiencing hot flashes and insomnia. The hot flashes are subsiding. Insomnia is still a problem.

I don't know if anyone else is also experiencing extreme hair growth. My hair on my head is falling out like crazy and my legs growing like crazy. My skin is all of a sudden very dry and blotchy with a few pimples.

Hoping it all stops SOON!!! for us all!!!
Unread 04-01-2008, 07:24 AM
hot flashes WITH ovaries

I had hot flashes as well after getting home. Probably about three to four days post op. They will go away and you will get sleep. I am just about three weeeks post op and my hot flashes/night sweats are gone and I am now finally sleeping again. The past two nights were wonderful. I woke up just once lastnight to use the bathroom but that was it. It was great. You'll get there. I was told that your ovaries actually go to sleep and it takes them a bit of time to wake up after the surgery.
Unread 04-01-2008, 07:27 AM
hot flashes WITH ovaries

I am now almost 6 weeks post op and have had maybe 4 nights without the sweats in the last week and then last night I woke up drenched again. GRRRRRRRRR!!
I have not had any problems with sleep thank goodness.
Unread 04-01-2008, 09:27 AM
hot flashes WITH ovaries

I had my surgery on 3-13 and have hot flashes, am moody or ready to cry and have trouble sleeping. I asked dr. yesterday at post-op and he said ovaries are probably in shock and promised me that they would recover (too young for menopause..I hope). Don't get too upset about it, your body has been thru a lot and needs to re-adjust itself. You can always call your dr. and see if he has any suggestions.

Good luck
Unread 04-01-2008, 11:00 AM
hot flashes WITH ovaries

I'm SO glad you girls are here!

I had a SAH 3-17 and I've had a few night sweats, but I sleep well thank god!

Have a great day girls!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register