Hysterectomy dates Mar 31-Apr 07,2008 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 31-Apr 07,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 31-Apr 07,2008

Unread 03-31-2008, 12:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 31-Apr 07,2008

If your hysterectomy was between Mar 31-Apr 07,2008 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

How to use the Progress Report threads:
  • 1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
  • 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
  • 3. Remember to start a new thread to ask your questions.
  • 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.
  • 5. Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2008, 08:46 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 31-Apr 07,2008

My procedure was the morning of the 31st. I came home from the hospital last night. So far, feeling ok. I had 3 c-sections before this, so I just feel as if I had a baby (without the baby or swollen breasts). My incision goes from my bellybutton down, as there was clean up work to be done (I had a lot of hypertrophic scarring). I am wearing a binding on my belly which is great, i wish I had had this after my children.

I am glad I stumbled upon this forum this morning. I will refer to it often and I wish everyone the best in their recovery.
Unread 04-03-2008, 09:34 AM

I'm home! I had my surgery yesterday morning (LSH) and came home last night. If you are eligible for LSH I'd definetly say that this is the way to go. I'm sore and enjoying my pain meds, but it's definetly not as bad as what I was prepared for. I'm hoping things continue as they have... Hope all the rest of you feel better soon. Tigerfly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2008, 03:47 PM

I am still in the hospital, TAH had everything removed, but left 1 overy dr said i wil be here for 5days or so,,.was in the OR 9 hours.
tons of adehesions , one was all over my bladder so they repaired it and i will have a bag for a few weeks. the cancer was removed completly , but they did send it off for further testng..
i have a horzontal incision,entercyle and had a mini tummy tuck too, i had so many adehesions that were all over.. so that made me a good canadate for the tummy repair. i have to go back for posterior repair later. I will post back and let you all know how tomorrow goes..
I must say ladies , when i was pre-op and kept hearing about how the waiting is ther worst part of all this... It's true...
Unread 04-03-2008, 08:01 PM

I had my vaginal hysterectomy on March 31 and am feeling a bit better each day. I was in the hospital only one night and home the next morning. The day of the surgery was miserable and i relied on the morphine to stay comfortable. Once the packing and catheter were removed that night i was taken off the morphine and switched to Tylenol3's and advil. I hope everyone else is recovering well and being nicely pampered. thank goodness for mom and dad and hubby!!!!
Unread 04-03-2008, 09:03 PM

I came home from the hospital on Wednesday afternoon from a TAH on 3/31. DH has been great taking care of the DD and house. DD who is training as an EMT is helping me with Lovenox (blood thinner) belly shots everyday.

I've had terrible gas and no BM yet. Eating exactly what I was told to and walking as much as I can. Tried to back off the percoset to get the intestines moving, but the pain is too much especially at night. Swelly belly looks like an alien.

Good news about surgery is that I was able to keep my ovaries. The pathology report revealed adenomyosis, that combined with a submucosal fibroid is finally the answer for my misery the past couple of years (or maybe more years!)

Feeling better tonight and finally passing more gas at both ends. Hoping for the elusive BM tomorrow. If not, I'll get a stool softener.

I don't know what I would have done without the support of this site.

Baylover
Unread 04-04-2008, 06:02 AM

I am still in the hospital after tah i have yet to pass any gas. I HATE JELLO!
Yesterday they let me have some toast. Can you imagin looking forward to cold hospital toast. Hopefully things will start moving and i will be home tonite.
Unread 04-04-2008, 09:05 AM

i came home from the hospital yesterday after having my vaginal hysterectomy on the evening of the 31st. the worst thing for me after my op was the pain i had in my back which they put down to the position i was in during surgery!! (back pain has now gone) but now im home im feeling so much better and taking only voltarol twice daily as i dont seem to be in very much pain at all!! im so glad i had it done
Unread 04-04-2008, 06:11 PM

I had surgery (LAVH) the morning of April 2nd and came home just after noon today (April 4th). The doctor wanted to release me yesterday, but I preferred to stay one more night, just in case. Not sure it was the best decision. The hospital bed was horribly uncomfortable (they moved me to another room), and I had really intense gas pains around my ribs that would have been easier to deal with at home.

I was taken off the IV at 10:00 yesterday morning and had Teradol and just a few Percocet since then. They sent me home with Ibuprofen today, along with a few other goodies (percocet, HRT patches, and sleep aid). I'm not really sore and not very tired. The surgery, so far, seems much better than any other abdominal surgery I've ever had. I really can't imagine my recovery time to be 6 weeks. I'm able to get around pretty well already and do not plan to overdo it, and just take advantage of the time to recover.

Anybody else experience such an easy time? Most stories I hear are about women being exhausted and having to take it so easy for so long. I really can't imagine it being any better than it is. I feel very, very fortunate.

I hope all sisters do well and a speedy recovery to you...would love to hear back on how others are getting by.
Unread 04-04-2008, 08:55 PM

HI LADIES

I had my surgery april 1st it went well, had everything taken out except my ovaries, I had a A and P repair. this has been so tough at recovering from, I had to learn to pee and poo all over again, JUST NOW do I feel I am strarting to recover. I have had a hard time for sure, so I am so glad most of you are having an easy time at the recover part.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register