Severe abd pain, then big "pop" feeling? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Severe abd pain, then big "pop" feeling? Severe abd pain, then big "pop" feeling?

Unread 04-11-2008, 11:59 AM
Severe abd pain, then big "pop" feeling?

I know I brag on my DH all the time, but every time I wince at all, he asks if I'm alright and the first few days home, when I whimpered at all, he asked if I needed to go to the ER. I don't think he'd allow me to stay home, knowing something might still be bleeding. You've got to be able to demand that your surgeon either run more tests NOW or refer you immediately to someone who will. The ER would be where my DH would take me and insist something be done. It's hard to believe with your history of slow bleeding, that your doc doesn't take you VERY seriously!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2008, 01:14 PM

Chellebelle,

First off, you are one brave sister! Secondly, that Doctor sounds like a major whackjob. You know your body! Pain is God's way of alerting us to a problem.

When pain arises it is a SYMPTOM - not a diagnosis. Your Doctor should have looked for the source of the pain. He makes me mad just thinking about him.

How do you feel right now? Do you still have the pain? If yes, I would definately go to the ER. Monday is a long time from now.

Finally, how are your bowels (if you don't mind my asking?). I was just wondering if you might have some type of bowel obstruction - definately not good.

Remember - you are a Princess. Your Doctor works for you - you do not work for him. Please let us know how you make out!

Good luck.
Unread 04-11-2008, 01:43 PM

I absolutely HATE going to the ER, but there is a really good walk-in-clinic here that I would be willing to go to. It's run by internal medicine doctors and they are very thorough. My husband went there and they found his blood pressure was extremely high and that his heart was enlarged. They were able to do blood work, chest x-ray, EKG, ultrasound, etc. there in the office and give results the same day. And much less time than the ER would have been.

They are open late in the evening and on weekends. If things start to feel like they're getting worse I will definately go there.

I
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2008, 01:49 PM

Mercredi, I have been having trouble with constipation for the last week. (And had problems before surgery too.)

And something else kind of wierd. I'm starting to have pelvic pain from the center above the bladder and toward the left up to the left kidney. I have this pain only when the bladder has just emptied. No pain or burning when peeing though.

Just too many things to think about. Thank you all for your comments and opinions. I'll get through this. At least the weekend is almost here and I won't have to watch my daughter by myself!
Unread 04-11-2008, 01:53 PM

Michelle--I still have bladder pain at the end of my peeing. And the Urgent Care clinic sounds like a plan if you are still having pain. Keep us up to date!! we're praying for you.
Unread 04-11-2008, 02:03 PM

Chellebelle - you said your doctor used to be great, and then he wound up in the big clinic and is "different".

It's sad - but he likely changed because there are so many demands on him now that he doesn't know which way is up!

That being said, he STILL ought to have referred you if he didn't have enough time to deal with your situation. But maybe his pride wouldn't let him admit it...also, he likely remembers you in a good way because of all the years you dealt with him, and didn't want to cut you loose out of feeling bad, even though he is little help to you now.

I am guessing, ok? But here in Alberta, where the population is growing and the number of doctors are not, I see this happening a lot. Just the other day a friend of mine who wanted more info and help from her doctor said her doc told her, "I have other patients besides you." He didn't mean to be cruel...I referred her to my clinic. They just moved into a bigger space in October so they could take new patients.

This week, my friend was told that no new patients were being accepted. :-(

I am so glad you have a GP to see on Monday.

HUGS!
Unread 04-11-2008, 02:35 PM

Michelle, Hi Doll!

I think you need to see your primary physician if you have one, and request a referal for another GYN. That is what I would do. I hope you have a family doctor or internist. Please call someone. I'm so sorry you are suffering. You should not have to. I saw my doctor today. He looked at my incision site, he checked me internally, and also commented that my bladder incision looked good. He didn't open and close me, he didn't do the bladder sling, yet he checked everything. My hernia surgeon opened and closed. He also scheduled me to come back in 3 months. This was my third visit to him since my hysterectomy. And, yes, he gave me more pain medicine and also prescribed vitamins. He said the prescribed vit's are better than the store bought. Comparing my care with your care is plain to me that you need another doctor. Don't give up, don't be afraid to inquire about a new doctor. No one likes change and it's a big step to take, but I feel you will be relieved once you've made the switch. Hang in there and be tough. Let us know how it goes. Pansy
Unread 04-13-2008, 12:58 AM

Michelle

I would go to the emergency room when the pain really gets bad. That is a way to get a "second" opinion on what is going on. In the past I found emergency room doctors were able to diagnose when my GP's weren't after repeated visits.

I hope you feel better soon. Get lots of rest.
Unread 04-13-2008, 07:30 PM

Michelle, Take CUCruising's advice. She is right. If you wait for another doctor to take you, you may have to wait a looooong time. You need attendance now, and that is the only way you are going to get it anytime soon. Please take care. I know you have to climb the stairs to read our messages. Crawl up those stairs if you have to. Let us know how you are doing. Pansy
Unread 04-15-2008, 05:49 AM

GP referred me back to GYN surgeon. I absolutely will not go back to him, and all the other GYNs in the clinic will not take me because I was his patient.

I'm not having the lower left pain any more. Just little twinges every now and then. But I am hurting closer to left kidney area. And still lots of trouble with constipation. And just a feeling of not being right.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register