I Think I overdid it!! UGH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I Think I overdid it!! UGH I Think I overdid it!! UGH

Unread 03-31-2008, 10:16 AM
I Think I overdid it!! UGH

Ok ,

I know we only get one chance for recovery, and I really do get it or so I thought. Lets just say I grinned and bared it this past weekend and now I am truely paying the price and I am afraid to call and tell the Dr.

I am having severe bladder pain and pressure, burning and kinves feeling in vaginal area, pressure and pain near incision, and sharp pain in right side, also going to the bathroom isnt that it burns it HURTS my bladder severe pain and it is hard to urinate. I have no problem with constipation, after intial problem I have the oppisite (runs) which is also causing me pain intestinal cramping especially when actually releasing(sorry so graphic). I feel as though my insides are going to fall out on the floor if I stand up. I spent many hours on my feet this weekend and did alot of stairs and bending (I was 14-17 days post op) I have tried to stretch the pain meds and now they dont seem to ease this pain. I only have 2 darvacet left and am afraid to call the dr and tell him Why I need more pain meds.

How do you know if the pain is something to see a dr for? Has anyone had complications from doing to much after hysto, and if so what were the signs? My neighbor (nurse) thinks my bladder may have dropped, someone else suggested bladder spasms or UTI. I have had abdominal (intestinal resection) surgery a few times and dr said I was filled with adhesions, they got alot out but could I have caused more? He also said my bladder was fused to somthing?? maybe uterus, and they had to do alot of cutting.

I hate to complain, and my family is now blaming me for the pain I am in. I know so many people feel wonderful at this point, would love to hear from those who have had problems. Make me feel ok to complain I guess
UGH, I am so mad at myself.

C~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2008, 10:41 AM

Call your doctor! They may just tell you to take it easy but it is definitely something to check on. If there is something wrong you need to have it treated ASAP.

I have had some minor aches/pains at 6 weeks post-op but it sounds like your are much worse.
Good luck and let us know what is going on with you. Rest and call!

Amy
Unread 03-31-2008, 12:33 PM

Thanks, I am trying to get up the courage to call. When I was in post op last week I mentioned I would be working and he about had a heart attack covered his ears and said I dont want to hear it, you cant do it.. Obviously I did and now I am paying the price.

Thanks C~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2008, 01:57 PM

pls call your doctor and be honest...whats done is done, but you have to tell her/him what happened. its better to do so now and not let something worse happen.
let us know what doctor says and keep us in touch as to how you are feeling.

blessings,
Unread 03-31-2008, 02:16 PM

VioletFlame, I think you are paying for all you did. I would call the doctor and let them know EVERYTHING you described on your post to see if you need to be examined for any tearing, etc... I think we all want to fast forward and be healed. Our brain says it's been 2, 3, 4 weeks, don't be a weakling! NO, NO, NO. Those thoughts need to be ignored; we think we are invinsible for some reason. Listen to your body. That's what I have to keep reminding myself. Please take it easy on yourself and give your body the TLC it needs. Don't try to be a superwoman, she doesn't exist.
Unread 03-31-2008, 02:29 PM

Don't be afraid of your Doctor. He may chastise you (which you deserve) but he won't kill you. ('The hand that feeds you'- thing) And he will help if he deserves the privilege of being your physician.
Unread 04-03-2008, 12:35 PM

I just wanted to update a little. I called Dr and was there for 3 hours last night. Yes he did speak sternly to my DH and I, but it was understandable.

Anyway, he did internal, I never felt more pain than I did then,, my legs were shaking and I actually yelled out in pain (I didnt even yell during labor, I laughed the whole time) . I was then sent to waiting room, it was 7:30 PM and I couldnt take anymore we were waiting to have a SONO done and the office was backed up. I couldnt wait anymore and they scheduled me for April 9th. I was advised to call and go to ER if pain gets worse or doesnt go away. Oh yeah they also did a culture and urine test hoping for UTI,, It was negative!! Darn

So I got another perscription for pain med, I asked to lower dose since I really want to cut back and be off this already. I finally got comfy around 11:30 pm and woke up at 3:30 in severe pain, I felt like my insides were on fire and going to burn through my skin. I about crawled to the bathroom and cried. I swear this has something to do with my bladder it hurts so much, not burn but just releaseing uring HURTS, it feels like my insides are going to fall on the floor. Took more pain med and went back to sleep.

I was told by my dr that because I am small I shouldnt have the same complications as bigger women might have. I was also sentenced to the recliner and told little to NO stairs again, and little walking until they do sono. If I have another night like last night I will be calling and taking my butt to the ER.

Thanks everyone, I also cancelled our Photo shoot scheduled for this weekend.

C~
Unread 04-03-2008, 12:51 PM

Im sorry you are going thru this.....hope you feel better and when you have the sono, its nothing....take care of yourself, take things easy and dont over due yourself. I know we get desperate and anxious about doing laundry, cleaning, etc...but we come first....

keep up posted.
blessings,
Unread 04-03-2008, 12:52 PM

MRS C, my friend!!

I meant to tell you earlier that the first week and a half after surgery I never had the urge to go, my bladder hurting is what prompted me to go empty. As you know I had the bladder sling so sympathise with that aching bladder feeling.

Don't be stubborn!! If you in tears because of the pain it is better to go now rather than midnight!

I am glad to hear you cancelled because another weekend like what you had last week will put you back in the hospital for sure!
Unread 04-03-2008, 01:29 PM

I'm sorry your going though this, you sound like me 2 weeks ago. I ended up feeling like my abdomen was on fire and went to the ER where the dr met us, and deteremined that the vaginal cap (I think that is what he called it) was inflamed and I had an infection, so I got to spend 2 more fun filled days at the hospital. If you are in a lot of pain and the pain meds don't work don't be afraid to go to the ER! Hope you feel better!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register