Premarin - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Premarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw34
Thanks ladies! It is one pill a day, right. Have any of you been getting dizzy? The patch seems to be making me dizzy. I know meds react differently for everyone, I'm just wondering what my future may hold for me. LOL
I've been on the Premarin by mouth and also vaginally to help with my healing.....(maybe it will bring my perineum back!) LOL Anyhow.....so far so good. My mom says it takes about 5 days to kick in. I've been on it since Wednesday. I think it might be working because I'm not nearly as emotional as I was. But then again that may be psycological, too. But what works for one may not work for another. It may take a while to find what works just right for you.

Good luck......keep us posted.

HysterHugs,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2008, 09:27 PM
Premarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS
I've been on the Premarin by mouth and also vaginally to help with my healing.....(maybe it will bring my perineum back!) LOL Anyhow.....so far so good. My mom says it takes about 5 days to kick in. I've been on it since Wednesday. I think it might be working because I'm not nearly as emotional as I was. But then again that may be psycological, too. But what works for one may not work for another. It may take a while to find what works just right for you.

Good luck......keep us posted.

HysterHugs,
Maybe NCIS can find your perineum! LOL
Unread 04-06-2008, 07:21 AM
Premarin

"Perineum last seen......."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2008, 07:58 AM
Premarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bea potter
"Perineum last seen......."
Ahhhh.....never thought of that, do you think I can call NCIS to investigate? We are an active duty Navy family......it's a thought.

Tried to get a glimpse of the perineum this morning.....no luck. It's a very elusive little thing.

The last time I saw the darn thing was before my surgery......perhaps it was left behind in the OR?

Dr. has promised me if it does not return she will build me a new one....better than it was before with full function and it will be very pretty. LOL Can a perineum be pretty? ....and what exactly is the function of the perineum?

.............to be continued in the next installment of.......

"As the Perineum Returns"

Unread 04-07-2008, 12:56 PM
Premarin

Can Premarin cause sleeping problems? Is anyone having trouble sleeping that takes Premarin 1.25mg once a day, I usually take it at night. Maybe I should take it in the morning. Any help would be appreciated!
Unread 04-07-2008, 01:17 PM
Premarin

Little Women I to take premarin 1.25mg but i take it in the morning. I'm having a horrible time sleeping as well. I on average get about 4.5hrs a night broken up. I go see my doc for follow up tomorrow i'll ask if there is a connection. I've been on premarin for almost 3 wks.

Here ia a question Does anyone get terrible calf pain? Mine latley the past three days has been bad. I can't flex my legs it hurts to walk and even sleep.
Jolene
Unread 04-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Premarin

Jolenevw glad to see I'm not the only one with sleeping problems. I been on it for 8 weeks. I have even skipped to every other day and that does seem to help. Please let me know what you find out when you go to the Doc.
Unread 04-07-2008, 03:47 PM
Premarin

I was on premarin cream for weeks before and after a complete hysterectomy. The Dr. didn't think it was necessary to give me the pill since I had already been thru menopause. I had to surgery because of precancer cells.
Unread 04-08-2008, 04:09 AM
Premarin

I started Premarin the day after my rad. hyst. (with ovary removal). I am 37, so I was expecting to have a least some menopause symptoms. I have noticed zero symptons, had no side effects from the Premarin, and can't even tell that I am taking anything. I do get really hot and sweat halfway through night if the bedroom is warm, but I have always had that issue. I just like it really, really cold to sleep.
I'm thinking that maybe I don't need to be on a full dosage and maybe I will ask doc to cut in half. So sense taking in more medications than necessary.
Unread 04-08-2008, 08:17 AM
Premarin

Hi.

I started using the lowest does of Premarin that is on the market about 3 weeks ago. It has helped my hot flashes but has not really helped at all with my emotional state - I don't even know if it should - my MD said that it may make some people feel better all around but that is not the main reason for taking the drug.

Has a lot of side effects so keep watch if and when you should start to take it.

Good Luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register