I'm scared my Doc will clear me for sex :( - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm scared my Doc will clear me for sex :( I'm scared my Doc will clear me for sex :(

Unread 04-03-2008, 09:05 PM
I'm scared my Doc will clear me for sex :(

Don't feel bad my DH keeps telling me there are other ways .After 28 years of marriage I just gave him the look.....I just am not ready yet.I had my six week appt. Wednesday (4/2/08)Dr said it might not be a bad idea to wait two more weeks,that is fine with me.....Though I do miss it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2008, 03:45 PM

My feelings too. I am becoming more and more afraid. I just want to know that it will for sure get back to normal cause not only am I afraid for that first time, I am scared it won't "fit" the same or that it can tear up there or something.and ****, I just want that stuff to work like it did! I want to hear someone tell us for sure that that will happen.
Unread 04-04-2008, 03:54 PM

Your feelings are normal. I wasn't cleared for sex for 8wks. With my 4 wk check up just to see how things where going. He didn't even look at anything just had me come in to make sure I had no complaint or needed anything. Then I had the normal 6 wks and he told me to wait 2 more wks do to my healing inside wasn't enough yet.

As long as you take it easy you should be okay. It never hurt. It was tenderness more then anything. But, my oh my I think it was better then it ever was before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2008, 08:24 PM

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 04-05-2008, 08:53 PM

I agree with coffechic, the sex is sooo much better than before. I was cleared for sex at 6 weeks. I was kinda apprehensive, but told hubby to pretend I was a virgin, lol. We did, and it was sooo good. Now the shoe is on the other foot for us, lol. It just takes time. Of course, listen to DR. when they say it is okay for you to try. Just to slow and experience the foreplay.
Unread 04-06-2008, 08:06 PM

Well I was cleared at 6 weeks and as you can tell it has been a lot longer but I have had cintinuing pain and am going back in for surgery the 10th to removed what is left! So I planned had some baileys and coffee went to a famiy birthday party and when we got home I made the leap it was great was weird felt ike the first time slow and I was terrified but it was better then I had hoped for my Dh used the word awkward cant spell. Had a little spotting after and have been hurting today but I have the adhesion scar tissue issue as well as that cyst on the left ovary. Glad I took the plunge and all I can hope for is this second surgery will correct any of the remaining issues.
Unread 04-09-2008, 09:52 AM

yes, I agree, my 6 week is on Monday, and I am embarrased to ask, but hopefully she will address the question
Unread 04-09-2008, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwh
yes, I agree, my 6 week is on Monday, and I am embarrased to ask, but hopefully she will address the question
Don't be afraid to ask any question. That is what they are there for.

Pam
Unread 04-09-2008, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sianli
omg now I don't feel so bad and at least he hasn't tried to talk me into that!!! Does anyone know for sure if my cervix was removed do I definatley have the cuff? I feel so stupid asking.
If your cervix was removed you have a vaginal cuff.
Unread 04-09-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sianli
Why is it messier with the cuff?
There is another thread that addresses this issue named "housekeeping".

It is messier as they say because what goes in, must come out. There is nowhere else for it to go anymore but right out. Hope that helps...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register