Question for LSH princesses - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question for LSH princesses Question for LSH princesses

Unread 04-05-2008, 12:30 PM
Question for LSH princesses

I have had a pretty quick recovery from LTH as well. I would say after about two weeks, I really started to feel more like myself. My pelvic pain and also lower back pain are gone (confirmed adenomyosis), and I only took two of the pain pills I was prescribed. When I have needed it, Advil has been more than enough to help. Haven't done a lot of housework, but have done some (no vaccuming or lifting heavy groceries, etc.). I could have gone back to work any time after two weeks, but I chose April 16 as my return date. And now as that date approaches, I find I have very mixed emotions about it.

Although I kept my ovaries, I am 54 and was already in menopause, so I started on Estradiol patches this week (.05 mg per day). So far no side effects that I can notice. Hoping this works for me, because the St. Johns Wort I took for years just wasn't doing the trick any more.

Take your recovery at your own pace, everyone is different, and no one can tell you what is "normal" for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2008, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampchefjul
right now the doc has me on Estradiol 2mg - minimal headaches and I am prone to them - but the swimmy head is really bothersome. the nausea is almost gone. smile! i am extremely sensitive to stuff, as you guessed! i'm trying to keep a positive thought process going that this is going to be good on the first shot - but i'm also a realist and know that there may be a few detours. has your doc checked you hormone levels - someone suggested i get that done in a month or two. i'm glad to hear that you found a doc that can really help you with all this. sounds like you've had quite a road with the hrt. you still stay so positive - that is so wonderful!!
Yes, I did have my hormones tested (once blood and then saliva) That helped with the dosing of the BioHRT. Now if I could just get off this 20 extra pounds that doesn't want to budge!! Ughhh. It's always something...
Take care
Unread 04-05-2008, 02:35 PM

LOL! Is the weight gain from the hormones?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2008, 03:01 PM

No, I just love to eat more than I love to exercise...However, I do believe my age (48) and the hormone "stuff" has not helped -- I just don't lose easily at all!! I've packed it on in the last three years! Ughh...
Unread 04-05-2008, 04:36 PM

I hear you - food is one of my favorite things - eating, cooking, watching it on tv! Laying around while I heal and eating certainly isn't helping the cause. So many people have brought so many delicious meals!
Unread 04-06-2008, 10:56 AM

Hi Julia....
I am almost 4 weeks post-op from LSH/BSO (tomorrow) and did have a pretty easy recovery until last week. After 2 weeks I was released for activity as my body could handle it. I felt great....That was good, but bad. I coach high school softball, so I lightly hit infield groundballs for about 10 minutes. It did not hurt, pull or tweak at all in my abdomin. I felt as though I hadn't even had surgery! BAD!!!! If I had felt something, I would have stopped right away. I am paying for it now! I did way tooo much without knowing it. I could hardly move Saturday after the game and I continue to feel pain every time I stand up or get out of bed. The game was a week ago. Needless to say, I have done NOTHING since then! I am taking it very slow and easy now. I learned my lesson well!!!

Hang in there, it WILL get better. When it does, still take it easy! I hope the dizziness goes away soon!!!!

Susie
Unread 04-06-2008, 11:08 AM

I'm glad you are sharing Susie! I teach martial arts and have been out for 2 1/2 months b/c of very enlarged ovary and pain. Feeling great now and doc says I should be going back to it very soon but my gut is telling me to take it a bit slower than he suggests. Your post reinforces that. Bad thing is that I have a big tournament on May 17th that I REALLY want to compete in. Guess I will take it one day at a time and see how it goes. Thanks for sharing your lesson - I will take it to heart! The good news is that my nausea hasn't shown it's ugliness today!
Unread 04-06-2008, 11:31 AM

Just a little more input on activity. At two weeks I was "released" to do whatever...Coincidentally, that's when I started "spotting" (just the cleansing process, but..there was a little cramping, etc.) I guess in a sense I was lucky to have that, because it slowed me down. I realized that the longer I was on my feet, the more spotting I had, so that was a sign for me to take it easy. I am lazy by nature, so that was no real problem for me. So, it was about two more weeks until that stopped, which is when I felt more "normal" about "normal" activities.
Do what you feel good doing and NO MORE. It's one time in our lives, I would say, that we can get by with being a little less intense!
Take it easy.
Unread 04-06-2008, 11:34 AM

Glad to hear you're feeling better already - and May 17th gives you a fair amount of time to train. (Although, personally, I'd worry about sparring. Especially with less experienced who might lack control. You don't really want to take a wild punch somewhere tender.)

Just be patient and take it easy when you need to!

You'll probably have ups and downs, not steady progress. So you have to listen to your body. Also, as your incisions heal, you'll start feeling so good that it's really easy to overdo it. Remember there's still internal healing that has to happen no matter how miraculously the outside healed.

Except for some trouble with vertigo, at 2 weeks post LSH I was feeling almost back to normal. Regained full range of motion and really enjoyed getting back to stretching routine by week 4.

I'm now 6 weeks out and a bit frustrated that doctor won't let me get back to workouts yet. He's right, though. I still tire pretty quickly after normal activities. A long day at work leaves me completely washed out. (Although I really think sleep disturbances are to blame for that; I'm not doing any HRT).

Anyway, I wish you all the best! And try to develop a taste for ginger tea. It will really help with the nausea.
Unread 04-06-2008, 11:50 AM

The way I continue to feel now, I don't think I'll swing a bat or golfclub all summer and really let my body heal! I learned a hard lesson by not taking it easy...It feels like someone has set my insides on fire just at my hairline (mostly on the left side) whenever I stand up. I'm not sure exactly what I've done, but I will not do it again anytime soon. Martial arts seems like a lot of twisting....the same as hitting.....Maybe consider you only get one time to heal correctly....

It is a hard choice.....Glad your nausea is gone!!!!! Hang in there!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register