Question for LSH princesses - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question for LSH princesses Question for LSH princesses

Unread 04-07-2008, 05:16 AM
Question for LSH princesses

You're right ABCgolfer - it is a really hard choice. There is twising involved with the forms in Martial Arts so I am just going to take it one day at a time. I go for post op on Thursday and am anxious to see what he says. Pre-op he told me that I would be back to normal by my post op - which most definitely has not happened.

Marley G - you're right, I definitely won't be doing any sparring - can't imagine getting hit in the stomach - oh, the pain!! I will be competing with other experienced black belts but everyone can make a mistake and I don't want to pay the price. I am very anxious to get back to stretching too. How long did your vertigo last b/c I am dealing with the same thing and I am on estrogen?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2008, 08:48 AM

My doc said I would be able to go back to work within a week (had LSH). I am a kindergarten teacher and thought, "well, ok." So I went in during spring break and at day 3 thought, "this isn't so bad." I did light stuff around the house, emptied the dishwasher, walked out to the hubby's shop, and made dinner. Yesterday was horrible, I was back on my pain meds (which I hadn't been taking since I left the hospital the night of surgery) and wanting to sleep. Today I feel a little sore, but better. However, I'm still stuck on the couch. According to the doc I should be ready to go to work on Wed... What's your thoughts on this? With my short term disability, once I go back to work, it has to be full time or I get deduct. My doc has already said I can wait until my 2 week appt. to go back to work, but I'm feeling guilty... Maybe I should just suck it up?
Unread 04-07-2008, 09:16 AM

I say take the whole two weeks! As many wise woman on this site have told me, you only have one shot at healing right - make the best of it! I had a hard time accepting that as my doctor told me the same thing - up and back to normal in a week - but I am listening to all these women who have been in our shoes and am taking it easy. I had LSH on 3/28 and I still get tired just being up and around the house. I don't know how you would have the energy to make it through the day with a class full of little ones. You just had major surgery, allow yourself time to get well without any pressure. You deserve it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2008, 08:33 AM

Although I've had no real problems in recovery - and nothing hurts - now that I've been back at work for several weeks I have to say I've NEVER been this tired in my life.

By the time I get home at night, I'm completely wiped out. The dog has to tow me around the block when I take him out for his walk and I'm too tired to eat dinner. Not even the hardest workout left me feeling like this in the past. Hopefully sleep interruptions will ease and I'll get past this...

Anyway, while I'm very, very grateful the doc was able to do the LSH instead of TAH he warned me to expect, I do think it's been a little harder to take it easy just because I seemed to healed so quickly.

PampchefJul - The real, room-spinning vertigo thankfully only lasted about 24 hours. The lightheadness lingered for several weeks but seemed to ease up around week 6. Have not experienced it doing form, but watch out when you stand up from seated meditation if you do such!
Unread 04-08-2008, 09:12 AM

Day 11 and woke up with a smile! I actually got 3 straight hours of sound sleep - woo hoo! Amazing what uninterrupted sleep can do for you! Still experiencing abdominal swelling and just started having some pressure, almost like menstrual cramps, without the period. I'm wondering if it's because I am up and around a little bit more. The glue fell out of my belly button yesterday and now it feels much more vulnerable. The glue on my other two incisions is still pretty intact - which is ok b/c I feel like it's holding my guts together! MarleyG - my vertigo was a tiny bit better last night and I am so happy. Also, would love to talk martial arts with you on a private level so we don't boar everyone else - I have questions about what you could/could not do at certain points in your recovery. If this is ok, you can email me from my public profile I believe. So glad to have found all of you that have experienced or are about to experience LSH!
Unread 04-08-2008, 10:07 AM

Hi Ladies....Just got back from DR appt and have good news. I have not done major damage from hitting softballs, just a little fluid build-up from a pulled muscle and maybe inflamation around a couple of internal stitches! No scar tissue from what he could see from sonogram. WHEW!!!!! He has restricted me again for the next two weeks though...

Tigerfly...I'm in the high school setting, so much, much different than you! My advice is to take the entire time off!!! Your students deserve you to be 100% and the teacher they know you to be. You may only set yourself back even further if you try and do things you normally did before surgery. That impact might effect next year's kids too!!! I'm sure you're a wonderful teacher, but heal right the first time and don't take a chance on your future kids! I know the gulity feeling all too well, but your kids can survive a little while longer while you heal!!!

May we all continue on the road to recovery smoothly!!!
Unread 04-08-2008, 10:33 AM

abcgolfer - congrats on the good checkup! and thanks for the info: it never occurred to me they could just check for scar tissue with ultrasound (duh! guess that was obvious, huh?) so I guess I'll find out next week if the doc can see I've cheated with too much bending and twisting too soon...
Unread 04-08-2008, 10:40 AM

He checked me with the vaginal wand camera....Boy did that feel uncomfortable!!! I see why they say no sex for six weeks!!! Yesterday was the 4-week mark for me....But he said all looked good except for the fluid...
Unread 04-08-2008, 10:48 AM

oh, no - it never occurred to me that I'd have to meet that wand again! so far I've had several checkups but he's not done anything invasive yet
Unread 04-08-2008, 10:55 AM

The wand is not my friend!!! Hopefully neither of us will encounter it again!!! HA! HA!

The good news: is keep following directions and listening to your body, so you will not have any complications....

Good luck and keep up the good work!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register