Vaginal pain 4 weeks post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal pain 4 weeks post op Vaginal pain 4 weeks post op

Unread 04-01-2008, 05:29 AM
Vaginal pain 4 weeks post op

Is anyone else having pains in their vaginal area?

I have been shopping the last 2 days and have noticed a lot of uncomfortable pain feelings down there. The prescription Motrin does not help and I am out of my pain medication. I have to have a vaginal ultrasound tomorrow and the thought of anything being put up there makes me cringe. I am thinking of calling my GYN and asking for a refill on the Vicodin. I would prefer to take one before I go and have my husband drive me.

Do you think it is normal? I don't want my doctor to think I am weird or anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2008, 05:42 AM

I wouldn't worry about what the doc thinks..if you're in pain..ask for a painkiller..and I agree that even prescription ibu doesnt do much. I think I take "just in case it will work today".
When I asked about the pain, I was having binging pains, they said it was the stitches dissolving..it's a sharp ping or zip..can't really describe it. It lasts for a few seconds.
I would also think that the type of H you had would really make a difference. was it vaginal? My stuff was removed vaginally but the cutting etc was done laproscopically. Excuse the graphic nature of this statement, but I still sort of feel like I just removed a super tampax that was dry.
Tomorrow is my 4th week anniversary of the TLH-BSO..daVinci style and I"m celebreting with a root canal. how lucky can ya get??? Joan
Unread 04-01-2008, 06:00 AM

Yes, I had a vaginal hysterectomy. No external cutting, just internal.

I talked to my sister and she agrees with you. "Who cares what the doctor thinks. You're in pain and you also had other things that went on." (the hematoma)

I guess when I get back from taking the kids to the bus, I will call the doctor. Worse she can do is say no.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2008, 08:03 AM

I had TAH and I feel the vaginal pain like razor blades, along with terrible bladder pain and pressure. Called Dr and he sent me for urine test to see if it is UTI. I also spent a lot of time on my feet, and walking , and bending. So at this point we are hoping for UTI. Have they checked you for UTI?

I know what you mean I called the dr and told him about the pain I was having and that I have no more pain meds, he sent me to have test done and refered me back to my PCP, ignoring me about meds. I was embarressed to ask for pain meds so I took last one this am, and hoping when PCP calls with results I will ask again.

Good Luck!
C~
Unread 04-01-2008, 08:40 AM

No, they haven't tested me for UTI. The pain I am getting seems to be coming from after I am on my feet a lot and /or walking for awhile.

I just got a call back from my doctor's office and they are calling me in a refill on my Vicodin. Thank goodness! Please take it from me and don't be afraid to ask for more pain medication. You are even closer to your surgery date than I am, so I don't see why they wouldn't give you more. I think it helps too that my doctor is a female and can sympathize with me more. Is your doctor male or female?
Unread 04-01-2008, 08:54 AM

Hi sexyladybuc
I'm glad your dr called some in for you. My dr was very kind that way too. I didn't have to take them very often, but they were a big help when I over did it and was in pain.

That said, I wanted to point out that I think your body is talking to you. At four weeks you're still very early on to be spending two days in a row shopping and your body is probably sending you a message that you have been on your feet too much. I would get that same pain when I was up too much. At four weeks, one trip to the store would cause me extra pain.

I don't think it's bad to take a pain pill now and then when you need one, but I also think you should pay attention to those signals your body sends when you are over doing. Don't use the pain pills so you can do things you really shouldn't be doing. You will find that each week you'll feel a little better. I hope you get to feeling better soon.
's, Rita
Unread 04-01-2008, 11:36 AM

Thank you so much. You brought up a very good point about not using the pain medication so that I can do more. I will definitely have to remember that just because I am not in pain at the moment, it doesn't mean I am free to do whatever I feel up to. My doctor's office also reminded me that I should still be mostly a couch potato at this point.

I went out and bought my son's 16th birthday cake and other than a little light decorating, that is all I am doing today. Taco Bell will be providing dinner (he wanted family taco night) and then we will probably have a family movie night. Worked out good that his birthday is on the new dvd release day. I know he has been wanting to see Sweeney Todd. Of course my younger 2 won't be watching that one, so we will probably watch Alvin and the Chipmunks first.

I did get my prescription and took one and thankfully I am not having any pain at the moment. I think I am going to take a nap. I didn't sleep well last night since my mama called at 2:30 this morning to tell me that my sister had to take my nephew, he is one and a half, to the ER. He had a febrile seizure. I couldn't get back to sleep until someone called me to let me know what was going on. That wasn't until about 6:30 and by then it was too late to go back to sleep since I would have to get up at a little after 7 to get my monkeys ready for school.
Unread 04-01-2008, 01:08 PM

I am 4 weeks exactly today and I'm still having pain like everyone's describing. I know it's all the repair work and it takes longer to heal. But there are times when I'm getting in or out of the car and it feels like I'm ripping my stitches wide open! Anyone feel that? I'm also still bleeding (never really stopped). I talked to the nurse last Friday and she didn't seem too concerned - said they would use silver nitrate if needed when I come in for my 6 week checkup. So, it seems like it's one day doing something and the next day taking it easy.
Unread 04-01-2008, 03:23 PM

I am almost 3 mths post op TVH and rectocele repair and still experience vaginal and rectal pressure when I am on my feet too much, will it ever end?!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register