Bladder spasms and problems - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bladder spasms and problems Bladder spasms and problems

Unread 04-12-2008, 03:11 AM
Bladder spasms and problems

I am two weeks and one day out. I haven'y had any spasms for several days but may be jinxing myself writing that. Mine were worse in the late afternoon and early evening whem I was tired. I started walking twice a day last weekend and in the early afternoon I just sit with my feet up. I think the rest helps calm them down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2008, 05:50 AM
Bladder spasms and problems

It is good to feel not alone in the same issues - know that I feel for everyone having the bladder issues. My TAH(and tubes, ovaries, cervix) was on April 3. The catheter came out on Friday. I just could not pee so it went in again Friday evening. I wanted to try to get it out again on Saturday. I struggled, but some had come out so they let me go home Saturday evening. Sunday morning I woke up in pure agony at 2:30 a.m. and never went back to sleep the rest of the day; I just tried to pee all day, a few sitting up naps throughout the day. At about 3:30 p.m. we decided to call the doctor and was advised to get the catheter back in. I had it in until this past Thursday. I did urinate some. Oh, a kind person from hyster sisters had advised me to call the doc when I posted on Sunday about my dilemma and I took her advice (Thank you!). I

It is now Saturday and it seems my life's mission is to pee! The doc put me on Cipro this past Monday. I started it on Tuesday. I believe I do have a UTI and I don't really know if the Cipro is helping. On Thursday the doc said I could try an OTC medicine to help the pain when urinating. The first evening it helped, but not too much since then. ( Luckily, with the help of a generic stool softner the bowels moved successfully and virtually painlessly. I wonder how long I can take them. I have taken them twice so far - like every other day.)

I have been able to pee, but I really don't know how empty I am. Everyone here says drink tons of water or juice. I have drank more, but part of me fears the terrible full bladder and not being able to relieve it. Shall I just push the liquids anyway? I do not want a catheter in again. I feel that is just a vicious cycle of more irritation and then trying to get over it. Sometimes I cannot tell where pain is coming from. I am sore as hell- just from any coughing or sneezing. I have the staples out now and the incision had been and is now feeling worse because of the burning feeling I had read about from other hyster sisters. I am going to try to use the swelly belly band today for the incision. I had been using it just for some support since I came home and it has been a big help! Worth the price so far and I haven't even 'chilled' it yet.

I have read that the bladder can become bruised because of the surgery. I guess I am needing a consensus that I should still 'drink a river' with the confidence I will be able to flush things out. It sux for me as I am not a big drinker of fluids. I know, not a good thing. I have always been that way. I feel like I have to force fluids upon myself.

All that being said I just want to sincerely thank everyone that contributes to this wonderful site. My doctor had recommended it and I am grateful to her for that! I do not post a lot , but I am here reading. There is SO much information here.

I thank all of you from my heart for your sharing and caring. I feel badly I cannot contribute to the site at this time, perhaps in the future. I had no short term disability so I am out of any pay for 5-6 weeks and the hospital wanted the whole 20% from my insurance up front! I also found I would not have gotten the short term disability because it was a pre-existing condition. How does any woman afford a hysterectomy!! I could never have done this without the help of my partner. I almost thought I would be canceling the surgery! First the $1000 deductible, then the hospital wanted $2000 up front. They settled for $500.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register