Sagging Tummy? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sagging Tummy? Sagging Tummy?

Unread 04-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Sagging Tummy?

Well ladies, all I can think of to do is to continue working out. If it doesn't get rid of the pooch it WILL definately make us feel better about ourselves.

I've been back at my routine for 1.5 weeks now and feel GREAT..and even though I have a little pooch it could be a whole lot worse.

I told my dh last night, I've EARNED every individual nook, cranny, stretch mark, scar and pooch I have and here it is..and he loves me anyway..I think we're likely more critical of ourselves. I know I am.

I am going to love myself pooch and all and if I EVER have to have surgery again for the other ovary I'm having a TT FREE because medicare will pay it when you have surgery..so there..HA..

Of course if I won the Lotto, I would likely go through with it also & a boob lift too b/c I have nothing only two saggy pockets of skin that don't even fit in an A cup..HAHA

Again ladies, we could be dealing with so much worse..some self-acceptance is in order.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2008, 12:29 PM
Sagging Tummy?

I was reading your posts and wanted to tell you that I had my uterus and cervix out on March 10 and also had a tummy tuck at the same time! It got rid of the flab. I had a full abdominplasty done because I am 54 and had 3 kids and had the typical sagging extra skin and my abs were split. I had a personal trainer at the gym for over a year and of course it didn't help at all. I am thrilled with my flat tummy but don't think this was easy! LOTS of pain but now I'm almost 4 weeks out and starting to feel better. Good news for you is it sounds like you only need a mini tummy tuck which isn't anywhere nearly as painful as a full one. The doc will stretch your skin down and tighten it and get rid of excess. you should do it!
Unread 04-05-2008, 12:40 PM
Sagging Tummy?

I have an HMO so I assume they don't do cosmetic surgery and that I would have to go to a private physician. I would assume we're getting into many thousands of dollars for this ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2008, 02:02 PM
Sagging Tummy?

I know a girl in my office building that had it done last summer and she paid a physician $4,000 cash. AND she had to loose x amount of weight beforehand which was well and good.

The thing is, you should see her now..a WASTE of $ in my opinion.

Kathleen, what is the difference between a mini & a full tummy tuck? I've NO idea...
Unread 04-05-2008, 04:36 PM
Sagging Tummy?

my abdominplasty cost 6000 and I think I got some off because I was already having GYN surgery. But from what I understand, that was close to the whole fee. A mini tuck would be less. Many places finance surgeries. You deserve it, go for it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register