Question at 2 1/2 weeks post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question at 2 1/2 weeks post op Question at 2 1/2 weeks post op

Unread 04-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Question at 2 1/2 weeks post op

Hello Sisters, I'm exactly 17 days post TAH and while I feel like I've been in a constant state of 'arousement' since day 4 or so, today it's REALLY REALLY bad (hmmmm, or would it be better to use the word 'good'). I mean, I've been kinda 'twitching' down there and having sexy thoughts all day. Anyway, so I called my Dr's office to ask about some private time and a DIY 'O', but guess what???? THE OFFICE CLOSES EARLY ON WEDNESDAYS!!! ugh. I feel so incredibly frustrated right now. Don't get me wrong, I have no desire to stick anything up-in-there, I'm just talking about manual, clitoral stimulation. I mean, c'mon, how much damage could it do? They didn't operate on my clitoris, did they? I feel like a prepubescent boy being teased then just left with 'blue [email protected]' (hee hee), remember when boys used to tell us that? Sorry for my graphic'ness'...oh, and I know some of you here aren't really into the DIY stuff, or don't have the 'urge' yet...so please feel free to just ignore me. But if you're suffering with me and 'understand', PLEASE CHIME IN. Has anyone self pleasured at 2 1/2 weeks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2008, 01:50 PM

I think it was about a week and a half (maybe 2 wks) when I called my gyn to ask if orgasms were okay, and got a resounding YES that it was fine to do...sooooo, off I went. LOL

It was a bit scary at first, and the muscle spasms felt a bit strange/scary at first (in the belly area), but there was no pain. Keep in mind that there is to be NO insertion of any kind until you're cleared by your doc.
Unread 04-02-2008, 02:00 PM

My doc also okayed external ONLY.

I haven't had any desire in a VERY long time and the last 4 days...HELLO!

It was different than before but better in a way. The only difference I have noticed so far is after the initial state of arrousal the sensation I use to feel in my abdomen is not there anymore but the "O" is sooo much stronger than it ever has been. (no cervix either...so we'll see about that in a few weeks)

I am happy so far.

Better to wait and OKAY with your doc first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2008, 02:11 PM

Hi GoldEElocks!

You did the right thing by calling your doctor's office to ask if it would be okay to orgasm without penetration at this point in your recovery. I'm sorry that your doctor's office was closed, though.

You probably don't want to hear this, but you do need to get that "permission" from your doctor. We can certainly share the information shared by our doctors but what our doctors have said is okay versus what yours may say may not be the same. My doctor's orders were for complete pelvic rest but of course not all doctors are that restrictive. There are women who have tested out their sex drive before clearance and don't have any problems but there are also those who have had problems. Trouble is, there's no way to know if it would hurt you or not so why take the risk? Please wait until you can contact your doctor to ask what is and isn't allowed for you.

Here are some links I like to provide for members wondering about sex drive post-op. I think it helps to know that it's normal to have these feelings as well as why it's a good idea to check with the doctor before engaging in any type of sexual activity.

Sex - Do I Really Have to Wait Six Weeks?

Sex - Post-Op Libido and Sexual Activities

Post-Op Sex Checkpoint

Best wishes as your recovery continues.

s
Unread 04-02-2008, 02:25 PM

Hi Everyone! Thanks for your responses, it really helps to know I'm not the only one experiencing these urges. Thanks for the links April, I'll definitely check out those threads. You are correct, I'm only looking for others to share their experiences with this issue, I'm DEFINITELY waiting till I speak to my Dr. before trying anything - I probably should have made that more clear in my initial post - but thanks for the reminder.
Unread 04-02-2008, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldEElocks
I'm only looking for others to share their experiences with this issue, I'm DEFINITELY waiting till I speak to my Dr. before trying anything - I probably should have made that more clear in my initial post - but thanks for the reminder.
Please remember to keep responses PG rated, as outlined in our TOS. Replies should have a tone of maturity and appropriate vocabulary.
Unread 04-02-2008, 03:13 PM
clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldEElocks
I'm only looking for others to share their experiences with this issue, I'm DEFINITELY waiting till I speak to my Dr. before trying anything - I probably should have made that more clear in my initial post - but thanks for the reminder.
I just want to clarify, I may have used the wrong words in my post above...I certainly don't want detailed experiences. Hmmm, seems I might be having a hard time choosing my words today, lol. Maybe I should just go read a good book or take a nap :-)
Unread 04-02-2008, 03:45 PM

DIY sex (clitoral only) I did on day 8. After having read all your responses......I guess I should have asked my Dr. first.
It was great for me. No pain, nothing weird.........Lack of release makes me cranky, and I feel much better now.
Just letting you know..........you are not alone
Unread 04-02-2008, 04:07 PM

I think I was day six or seven post op.
Unread 04-02-2008, 04:19 PM

I have done the manual stimulation now three times since my surgery. I am 3 weeks post op today and yesterday was my third time out. All systems go. I wanted to do a little "test drive" just to see if things were still working properly and all systems were a go. Just don't go crazy and remember the rule. Nothing where the sun don't shine.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register