My uterus has closed down - failed ablation | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My uterus has closed down - failed ablation My uterus has closed down - failed ablation

Unread 04-02-2008, 04:01 PM
My uterus has closed down - failed ablation

I came out of hospital on monday evening, I had a general anaesthetic for a hysteroscopy, curettage and ablation. They couldnt do any of these as my uterus had closed down. I had a previous ablation 8 years ago which was successful for a while then the problems came back. (NB I live in the UK).

I dont think I fully took in what the doctor said, but from what I can remember he said they couldnt do the ablation because they couldnt get inside my uterus to do it. I had my cervix stitched as it was sllightly torn in the attempt.

As I was at the end of a very long line of other treatments, I said straight away "I will have the hysterectomy" and my consultant agreed, so I have been listed but I havent a date yet.

After returning home, I am very puzzled now about the "closed down uterus". Googling it didnt help. Has anyone else come across this please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2008, 05:08 PM

I had ablation in Dec 06, I haven't had any bleeding since then, but I still have horrible cramping, (may be do to remaining endo & possible adeno) however, even when I am not in pain, I am always uncomfortable and sometimes the feeling can only be described as feeling as if my uterus has folded over on itself. Maybe that's what it is, sort of like a deflated balloon that the sides have stuck together on. I know there is an after ablation syndrome, but I don't know the details.
Unread 04-02-2008, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepeachyone
I came out of hospital on monday evening, I had a general anaesthetic for a hysteroscopy, curettage and ablation. They couldnt do any of these as my uterus had closed down. I had a previous ablation 8 years ago which was successful for a while then the problems came back. (NB I live in the UK).

I dont think I fully took in what the doctor said, but from what I can remember he said they couldnt do the ablation because they couldnt get inside my uterus to do it. I had my cervix stitched as it was sllightly torn in the attempt.

As I was at the end of a very long line of other treatments, I said straight away "I will have the hysterectomy" and my consultant agreed, so I have been listed but I havent a date yet.

After returning home, I am very puzzled now about the "closed down uterus". Googling it didnt help. Has anyone else come across this please?
Only a guess here. But since the entry to the uterus is the cervix, Cervical Stenosis makes sense. It can completely close from scar tissue, as a complication of ablation. There is alot of information on it. Cervical Stenosis......

Good luck, and I am sorry for what you are going thru.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2008, 09:04 AM

Hi,
I had the same problem, I went in surgery and they couldn't get to my uterus, they said it was scard shut. I went back for a total Hysterectomy, I had it on 2/14/08. Hopefully no more surgery for me.
Unread 04-03-2008, 11:02 AM
I had something similar happen.

I had the D&C and hysteroscopy last year, then another plus a an ablation in Feb. this year. They couldn't do the ablation, apparently my uterus was too far back or too enlarged?

I go for my regular yearly appt in June, and I will probably plan the hysterectomy then.
Unread 04-03-2008, 04:08 PM

Hi!

As the other (((sister))) suggested, you may be dealing with cervical stenosis, sometimes referred to as a stenotic cervix. Have you checked back with the to see if that is the issue?

If you do a search of this term here on Hyster Sisters, you'll find several threads on it. Here are a few links to get you started:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...vical+stenosis

to you. Hope this helps.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register