Consequences of intercourse before released by doctor | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Consequences of intercourse before released by doctor Consequences of intercourse before released by doctor

Unread 04-02-2008, 05:04 PM
Consequences of intercourse before released by doctor

Well after this emotion rollercoastercoaster this surgery has sent me into, i think i did the dumbest thing I could. wait..i know I did the dumbest thing in the world. The me that posted days ago that my dh and i were headed for a divource..the me that had surgery only a week ago..
I HAD SEX.
I am so ashamed, scared and mad at myself. My poor dh..he reminded me multiple times of my surgery and the me that is terriably shy, bashful and NOT assertive EVER...turned into this monster and even though at one point dh was laying with his knees up to his chest trying to prevent this....well..you know...

What the hell is wrong with me? I am mad one minute crying the next, and raping my dh the next...****...I feel so messed up.

Does anyone know the consequences of what I have done? Have I seriously hurt myself? Am I in severe danger...I am scared now. I was an idiot last night, but concerned now. please don't be too harsh. I know I was wrong...do I need to call the doc?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2008, 05:11 PM

I'm new here so I don't know if I can help. I had my surgery almost 3 months ago. I remember feeling like that after my surgery but, I was able to hold off on the sex. If you was careful you might not of hurt anything. If it was me I would call my doctor talk to him/her about your emotions and tell him/her what you did and ask to be checked to make sure everything is alright and maybe he/she will put you on something to control your emotions tell your healing is better.
Unread 04-02-2008, 05:21 PM

Hi mountain dew!

Please log off the internet and phone your doctor's office immediately. You may need to be examined right away. If your doctor's office is closed at this hour, phone the nearest Urgent Care facility or Hospital and ask to talk to a nurse or physician's assistant about this.

This is a potentially serious situation and you need to inform your medical provider about what happened.

Please check back in with us after you have consulted your doctor and let us know what happened.

Many s and Best Wishes,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2008, 05:23 PM

(((mountain dew))), I'm sorry that this happened. Are you in pain? Bleeding? One of the dangers of having intercourse too soon is that you can tear healing tissue that could require another surgery to fix. Another risk is developing an infection.

You really do need to call the doctor and let him/her know what happened so you can be examined to be sure that you're okay. You aren't the first and I daresay you won't be the last to have this happen. Please call your doctor and get checked to be sure you are okay. Do what you can to be sure this doesn't happen again.

You might find this link helpful in explaining the surges in libido post-op: Post-Op Sex Checkpoint.

I do hope that you will be okay.

s
Unread 04-02-2008, 05:35 PM

Thank you. I am not in pain (no more than usual) and there is no bleeding or anything. I will probally wait until the doc opens tomorrow. My kids can't see mommy carried to the ***[ital again. And no worries it won't happen again..atleast not until the doc gives the ok..thank you for your concern and understanding.
Unread 04-02-2008, 08:29 PM

Something else to be very watchful for is cold/flu-like symptoms indicating an infection. About 3 weeks post op I thought it'd be okay to have some "outerplay" that turned into minor "innerplay" which resulted in me having chills, fever, sweats, body aches...called dr., confessed, and got an antiobiotic...
Unread 04-03-2008, 01:04 AM

I made sure I didn't have sex for 8 weeks........cause I thought that was what the nurse said. The doctor told me after I was able to have sex within 3-4 weeks....oops .....DH didn't know and suffered for nothing....hehe

I was scared of hurting myself .... I was thinking a year might be about the right time.....but that didn't go over very well.....lol We all heal differently but that was a little fast princess!!! Slow down girl!! Your making us all look bad.......I would go get checked out to make sure all is in working condition for next time, which apparently won't be to long from what I'm reading

Oceanmist
Unread 04-03-2008, 11:55 AM

Mountain,

Did you call the Dr? Please let us know how you are.

C~
Unread 04-03-2008, 03:21 PM

Hoping you're OK. Did you make that call to the doctor? Please let us know what's happening. All we want is for you to heal well.
Unread 04-03-2008, 04:07 PM

Please don't be so hard on yourself. Emotions can make us do all kinds of crazy things and between marital stress and hormone changes it's just too much for your mind to process. Ask your doctor about possible mood stabilizers other than hormones. Sometimes the hormones take a while to get fully into your system to stabilize and until then you might need more immediate intervention.

The last thing you need to do is beat yourself up! We all do crazy things, good and bad, that's what makes life interesting! I hope you have seen the doctor today and that everything is okay.

Best of luck and keep your chin up!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register