To RUECA | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-26-2001, 12:51 PM
To RUECA

Hi Rueca,

I just read through some of the messages on your thread. I had to write because I had my hysterectomy because of Cervical cancer too. Also...now get this...I was 27 at the time the cancer was found (29 now) and I also have one little boy who is the light of my life. The cancer was found when I went for a check up to make sure everything was okay since we wanted to start trying for a second baby. I always wanted lots of kids. I especially had my heart set on a baby girl. I LOVE my son more than anything but I just always wanted a little girl to dress up in frilly dresses and ribbons. I guess it just wasn't meant to be, though. We have talked a bit about adoption but I'll be surprised if that happens. Unfortunately, I've been plagued by severe chronic pain and fatigue. Adopting a baby now just wouldn't be the best idea. I doubt Iwould even qualify because of all my health problems. Dealing with the loss of my fertility has been the hardest part for me. I still cry at pampers commercials and have a hard time being around pregnant women. I have been told that it will get better over time, but I'm still waiting. One thing to have come out of all this is that it made me really understand just how special my little boy is. I fell so blessed to have him! To answer your question about how you deal with it.....you just do. You just do because you have to for your boy. One day at a time and life goes on. It isn't easy but you do what you have to.

I agree with the others who said you should talk to your doc about your fear of the pain. They can take care of it and can make you comfortable. Really, they are required to adequately take care of your pain. Don't be afraid to take the pain medication. There is no reason to try to tough it out because your body will heal faster if you are comfortable.

I wish you the very best and want to give you a big

You will get through this!

Love & Hugs,
Susan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2001, 02:38 PM
ty !

I am so very glad to have found this place ! Thank you for sharing your story with me ! I go back to the doc Aug 6th to find out when my surgery is ! Sometimes i wish it was now or 2 months ago just to get it over ! I'm coming to grips on not having another child ! I have the best kid in the world ! thanks again for ur support !!!!!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register