Synthetic estrogen made me sicker, the natural kind is wonderful! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Synthetic estrogen made me sicker, the natural kind is wonderful! Synthetic estrogen made me sicker, the natural kind is wonderful!

Unread 04-04-2008, 12:56 AM
Synthetic estrogen made me sicker, the natural kind is wonderful!

Hello All,

I just wanted to tell all of you what I have been through, the last 2 months of my recovery. I think my surgeon's lousy bedside manner and being unavailable to me (he is out of town 3 wks out of the month) and my trying synthetic hormones has made this recovery much harder than it has needed to be. I felt VERY anxious, panic attack-like since week 4 of my recovery and when my surgeon gave me synthetic estrogen to try to "help" my symptoms 2 weeks ago, it made it much worse!!

I would sweat, have migraines every day, hot flash every 2 hours, shake, cry and feel like I was on the edge of a cliff all day...whereas before, it was more mild menopause symptoms. All my surgeon prescribes is the synthetic junk, made from horse pee, which I did not want to take, but tried it anyway because I felt so awful. It came with a LONG warning leaflet - heart attack, blood clots, stroke, breast cancer, dont smoke, etc...BLAH! NO! He said, "All estrogen comes with those risks." He also said the scar tissue in my cul de sac would may last forever and make sex hurt me...he just gives me no hope! I'm done with him! My family doc says if I do abdominal massage and lower back stretches, that my cul de sac scarring will soften, loosen and become less painful....it has!

I went to my family doctor, who is wonderful and has had me on bio-identical (natural) progesterone for 5 years for hormone imbalance (it had helped my endo symptoms tremendously) and he gave me an RX for NATURAL ESTROGEN cream called bio-est and also tested my hormone levels last Friday. All I do, is rub it on my wrists and chest twice a day. It comes in a syringe about as big around as my finger and I measure one cc a day to rub on.

My surgeon DOES NOT test his patients levels, just goes by their menopause symptoms, which is ridiculous I think, because you still need a natural balance for moods and emotions. I was estrogen dominant before taking progesterone and did not want that to happen by taking too much estrogen now. A side effect of estrogen dominance is depression & moodiness, what a surprise!

HOLY COW!!! Been on it since Friday and guess what? The anxiety is GONE, not ONE hot flash since, NO CRYING since - I CAN SLEEP!....this stuff did NOT come with the extensive warning leaflet! I was so depressed and scared this whole time that I would never feel normal again, because the last 2 months have been total for me!

Most docs don't believe in, or use natural hormones, but by gosh, they work and they work WELL! They have for me and a friend of mine who just got on them is feeling good too and not crying when she has her period anymore. I have had NO side effects so far, either. I am finally feeling cheerful, hopeful and my pain is decreasing.

For all of you, don't feel like you only have ONE choice for hormone replacement. You are not alone in this. I thought I was done for, trust me. If you have a doc who won't let you give it a try, if you feel like , find someone who will. My demeanor has taken a 180º!

Please don't give up if any of you are experiencing what I did, because you CAN feel better and you CAN BEAT THIS! Every woman who has a hysterectomy deserves to have choices - our doctors need to give us more choices of hormones to take. The FDA and Wyeth are currently trying to take our rights away and outlaw bio-identical estrogen, so the drug companies can make us buy what they make. I don't know what I would do if I could not have this estrogen - it is a blessing and has given me another chance at having a life. I wish all the best to all of you!

Your Hyster-Sister, Andrea
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2008, 01:25 AM
Synthetic estrogen made me sicker, the natural kind is wonderful!

Andrea:

I am so sorry to hear you've had such a rough time. I still have my ovaries and don't, at this point, need HRT. However, should I require it in the future, I've made a note of the Bio-Est, and I'll be sure to mention it to my doctor.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience.

s,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register