last 3 days of 11 hours sleep total for all 3 days - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

last 3 days of 11 hours sleep total for all 3 days last 3 days of 11 hours sleep total for all 3 days

Unread 04-04-2008, 12:38 PM
last 3 days of 11 hours sleep total for all 3 days

Mantell1,
Thanks for your words of encouragement. Drs. office finally called me back.
My doc is on vacation/they can't prescribe anything unless I come in for an
appt. How can I do that when I live 25 miles away and cant drive. So I guess I'll wait for my 4 week visit which is next week.
But you made me feel better I am really having a pity party today!
Can't seem to stop crying.
You hang in there, too! Hugs!
Marcy
Lupron shot 1-2-08 (which didn't work...); TAH; kept one ovary, 3-10-08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2008, 03:25 PM

They can't prescribe a SLEEP AID without an appointment?!?
THAT would make me cry.

I finally called my DR a few days ago and asked her for Ambien, which friends had suggested, and I got the 10mg pills, which I cut in half- and so far they are working great, no sluggishness in the morning (other than my usual post-surgery sluggishness)

I was afraid to get a sleep aid, afraid of getting addicted- but I finally gave in- I cannot heal if I cannot get rest.

Good luck to you, I hope you get something in the meantime that works for you!
Unread 04-04-2008, 03:41 PM

I really do feel for you all. I have to thank god or whom ever get the credit I have not had that problem. I'm more like don't want to wake up. I truely hope you all can get some help for your loss of sleep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2008, 10:15 PM

Thanks to all for the replies. You guys are great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to get off my Xanax But last night I took them and slept really well. so for now on that's what I am going to do until we get my hormones under control.
Unread 04-05-2008, 06:03 AM

I am 10 1/2 weeks post op, did not have a good nights sleep for the first 6 weeks, all but one night. Before surgery, I slept 5-6 hours a night, thats all I apparently required. I slept like that for years-NOW-I sleep well, since about 7 weeks post op, but I sleep 8 solid hours! I haven't slept 8 hours since I was about 5! Maybe I am making up for lost sleep! haha!
Lee-Anne
Unread 04-05-2008, 08:38 AM

I was having full blown menopausal symptoms for about a year before my hysterectomy (April 2nd). I found that some of the major symptoms I was dealing with right away were night sweats, I could not go to sleep at night, very vivid dreams that I remembered details about later, migraines, etc. One of the first things I started, after the OTC natural estrogen therapy was to use a night time sleep aid. My doctor approved the use of a product similar to Tylenol PM. I absolutely could not sleep unless I took this medication each night, and the symptoms had worsened for me as time went by, causing me to increase from 1/2 tablet to a full tablet by the time I went in for my surgery. They have now switched me to Ambien and I am still getting used to that medication, as it has only been a couple of nights with it. But I can tell you just having something to assist me in getting to sleep has made all the difference in the world.

Your doctor said they could not prescribe you anything without having you come in to see them, but did you ask them about an OTC sleep aid and how that would benefit you until you do go in? I believe you are going to completely burn out if you don't get some rest, and when returning to work for the first time that is the last thing you need. You really should be fully rested and ready to go back.

Good luck and keep us posted on how you are doing. And remember, take care of yourself and everything will fall into place...
Unread 04-05-2008, 11:44 AM

Lisa and all,
Thanks for all the replys and advice. I told the nurse the same thing you
said Lisa, How can i heal if I am not sleeping?
I did sleep better last night probably from just being so worn out from not
sleeping. I feel so much better today, at least I am not crying at the drop
of the hat. It really helps when you have a great support system- my
husband has been wonderful. I am glad I kept him.........
Thanks again to the sistas,
Marcy
TAH 3-10-08

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register