Premarin vaginal cream, anyone..... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Premarin vaginal cream, anyone..... Premarin vaginal cream, anyone.....

Unread 04-05-2008, 08:16 AM
Premarin vaginal cream, anyone.....

Hi, all.....

I am 3 weeks, 5 days postop TVH, AP Repair, and overlapping anal sphincteroplasty. My dr started me on Premarin cream per vagina last week for healing purposes. I've used it about four times. I seem to have mild cramping, kinda like mild period cramps.

Did anyone have issues with cramping? What was your experience using this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2008, 09:20 AM

Denise - I used the Estrace vaginal cream. I think it is basically the same thing just a different brand. I did not experience the crampiness. But I think it was probably that I was much further out from surgery than you.

How is everything else going? I've been thinking about you and wondering how you are.

Hugs,

Starbgirl
Unread 04-05-2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbgirl
Denise - I used the Estrace vaginal cream. I think it is basically the same thing just a different brand. I did not experience the crampiness. But I think it was probably that I was much further out from surgery than you.

How is everything else going? I've been thinking about you and wondering how you are.

Hugs,

Starbgirl
Ahhhh.....thanks for thinking of me. I'm doing okay, I guess. I really don't have anything to compare it to. My girly parts are very sore since my dr. made me start packing it with gauze again but I guess she has me doing it for a reason. I saw her this past Wednesday. She started me on the Permarin cream for healing so that makes things a little more grosser than normal. She also put me on estrogen pills for the emotions. I think they are starting to help.

I go back to the dr. on Wednesday for her to check the wound again. We'll see what she says then.

Thanks for thinking about me......

HysterHugs,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2008, 12:58 PM
premarin cream

HI denise,
at my 2 week post op appt, Doc prescribed it 2x a week for healing. i have a ton of stitches, so he said this would heal it faster. i also have mild cramping & a little more discharge for a few days after inserting it. but it feels like its healing now, im not as tender inside and the discharge is way less. so guess its doing the trick, i have to use it for a month till my next visit then he will see where im at as far as healing wise. hope your feeling better
Unread 04-05-2008, 01:01 PM

Wow....my dr. has me inserting it everynight at bedtime. The cramping subsides during the day but when I insert it at night it starts back up again. I'm just going to assume it's normal. Like everything else, I'm sure it's part of the healing process.

Thanks,
Unread 04-05-2008, 01:34 PM
Premarin stinks!

Hi there, I did not take the Premarin cream, but tried the oral med and it made me feel AWFUL! I was having mild hot flashes before trying it and when I took it, started having hot flashes every 2 hours, panic attacks and crying....I think some doctors give it to you to do vaginally, just so your vagina will stay more elastic.

I do not like my surgeon's views on medicines and let him know that..he only presribes synthetics and does not believe bio-identical (natural) ones work.
How the heck does horse estrogen match ours? Premarin is made from pregnant mare urine.

WELL, I went and got my levels tested from my family doc, who I get my natural progesterone from and he gave me some natural estrogen cream last Friday....not ONE hot flash since! I rub it on my wrists and inner thighs 2x a day. My surgeon also said I did not need progesterone, but it helps with my moods/sleep and I could not imagine doing without it.

I don't have the moodiness or crying, panic anymore either. I can't believe the difference, but my surgeon refuses to acknowledge that it has helped me. I don't know how ******* looney I would be right now if my only choice was to take that synthetic junk. And, I was with my boyfriend for the first time Thursday night and my vagina was just fine through it.

Just wanted to tell you, if that stuff gives you strange symptoms or adds to your symptoms, don't feel like that is your only option. It should not make you cramp. My stuff is called Bio-Est and I have not had one single side effect from it and it did not come with the long list of dangerous side effects that Premarin came with.

Right now Wyeth pharmaceuticals is trying to make natural estrogen illegal, so we all will be forced to buy the synthetic kind. We should all have the choice of what hormones to put in our body if they make us better. Best of luck to you and feel better soon.

Andrea
Unread 04-05-2008, 01:56 PM

No, I would never take anything that made me feel bad. However, I have had EXTENSIVE reconstructive surgery in my vaginal and rectal area. It's an extremely difficult area to heal. She put me on the Premarin cream to help with the healing. I'm already scheduled for 12 weeks off work but will likely need more. My doctor is a an EXTREMELY qualified Urogyn with the US Navy and has mountains of credentials, publications, references, etc. I trust her 100%. I'm pretty well informed about natural and synthetic hormones so we'll see how it goes. I have to be careful and patient with this healing process so for now I'm willing to go with what my doctor recommends. Thanks for all of the info.

Take Care
Unread 04-05-2008, 02:16 PM

Denise - I had to use the cream every night also. Plus I used Relagard every day. what a mess - one cream for the day and one for the night!!! Yuck!! In any case my situation was extreme also so maybe that's why we had the more frequent use.

I do believe it worked well to heal me up. I see my Dr next Thursday and I have my fingers crossed that I am now perfect!! it would be about time wouldn't you say - all this since Nov 6th and 2 major surgeries!! I'm ready to be done

Starbgirl
Unread 04-05-2008, 02:24 PM

denise,
i plan on using Boi identical hormones when i start them, i just havent done it yet as my symptoms are mild so far. My Doc also does Not believe in Bio identical, but i kept pushin for them. he reluctantly wrote out a script for them and sent me on my way to a compounding Pharmacy. i agreed to the Premarin cream only for the month to heal the stitches. but once thats done im OFF the Synthetic crap. i agree with goghfish, it's freakin Horse Urine. i'd rather take something thats more natural, and more like the hormones in our Bodies
Unread 04-05-2008, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbgirl
Denise - I had to use the cream every night also. Plus I used Relagard every day. what a mess - one cream for the day and one for the night!!! Yuck!! In any case my situation was extreme also so maybe that's why we had the more frequent use.

I do believe it worked well to heal me up. I see my Dr next Thursday and I have my fingers crossed that I am now perfect!! it would be about time wouldn't you say - all this since Nov 6th and 2 major surgeries!! I'm ready to be done

Starbgirl
More than likely, I'm looking at another surgery for the perineum. Neither one of us are happy with the cosmetic results at this point. But I guess I have to heal from this surgery before I go for another one. At first I didn't care, when I was one week postop she took out a couple of stitches and injected the entire vaginal/perineal/anal area with a whole bottle of Marcaine to numb things up. The pain was excrutiating. I was in tears for two days straight. After that, it was instant releif. Unfortunately, I probably needed to keep those stitches even though they were superficial. I'm thinking that is what made the difference in the cosmetic results I told her at that point, "who cared what it looked like, as long as it works". Now that I'm not in excrutiating pain, I kinda want to look "normal" down there. My dh and I are separated and you never know who might be looking! LOL

Anyhow....for now I'm using the Premarin vaginally nightly and I see my dr. on Wednesday for another weekly check.

Just curious....do you work? If so, when were you able to go back to work. If not, when were you released to resume normal activites, i.e. exercise, lifting, bending, etc.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register