I'm Tired of Rules | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm Tired of Rules I'm Tired of Rules

Unread 04-05-2008, 03:28 PM
I'm Tired of Rules

Do you ever feel like there are too many rules in the world? I feel that way. It seems like everywhere I go somebody is telling me I can't do something, say something, read something, want something...I'm really tired of it! The bad part is if you respect rules and laws like I do you're at a distinct disadvantage in this world because most people don't. Take the YMCA -- there are huge signs posted (in Spanish and English) saying how cell phones are not allowed, but practically every time I go to work out some rude person is on the cell phone, and he/she has to yell because of all the treadmills, etc. I hate that! And, of course, the women who run the Y won't get off their behinds to come in and see if the rules are being followed, which leaves me either to be a whiny snitch or put up with it. Still, I do all the things I am supposed to do because I was raised well. Grrrrrr! I wish I could be selfish and inconsiderate like every one else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2008, 06:35 PM
I'm Tired of Rules

Quote:
I wish I could be selfish and inconsiderate like every one else.
I think most people obey rules. Those who don't are in the minority, but they stand out because they disrupt everything around them. Before you go to the Y next time, you could make an anonymous phone call and let those in charge know that cell phones are being used by some of the women on the treadmills . They won't know who called, they will (hopefully) take care of the problem, and no one will know it's you who called. It's better to be part of the solution than part of the problem.
Unread 04-06-2008, 07:31 AM
I'm Tired of Rules

Unfortunately the Y won't take anonymous complaints. They have to come through a signed form with the complainant's name and contact information on them. The bottom line is I don't think these people care about much but sitting on their rumps and getting paid, since that's all they do. Somebody could keel over in the workout room and they'd only know it when the ambulance that one of the members called arrived.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register