Help! Is all of this normal? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help!  Is all of this normal? Help! Is all of this normal?

Unread 04-06-2008, 11:39 AM
Help! Is all of this normal?

Your physical limitations are normal. I could barely take a shower for 2 weeks. That's all I could do, even though I did a little more and paid for it almost immediately. I stopped taking the meds every day because if I lay still i have not much pain. I must have a high pain threshold. Who knows. I still take them every once in a while in the afternoon and it lasts all night. I get bummed out too because I cannot do anything and it's springtime here. I wish I had this done in early January. But it's done now and I wont have to sit around bleeding to death every month in the summer time and not be able to swim in my pool, or plan my vacations around my period. I just wish I could heal faster. It helps to eat healthy and take vitamins. Advise, watch your favorite funny shows. Oh and warm peach pie and vanilla ice cream. That helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2008, 11:56 AM

hi BarbieBiker Babe, I am post op from March 5th surgery, i had my hysterectomy via laproscopy. I saved both ovaries, but had out a 9 cm fibroid, uterus, and cervix w/endomitriosis...I had day surgery and was out that same day. Weird that now days some Dr's can take out everything via a small incision like i had. Iwas only on pain meds for 2 days, and never had any bleeding or discharges. I only have 2 more weeks left than back to work. What i want to tell you is that we women are all the same yet different, we experience pain in different levels so what hurts you may not hurt me. You have to relax and take time to heal. It gets so much better day by day. I know about your crying episodes because I get them all the time also and my moods flexuate all day. One hour i am fine and then the next I wish I could have had a child of my own. Its hard to imagine our bodies not having parts of our female anatomy...Its ok and its in God's hands to heal all of us now...Please email me back, I love to make new sisters and I am always questioning what is Next, or what IF!!! Please know that we are here for you...xxoxoo Donna
Unread 04-06-2008, 12:59 PM

Take as long as you need to heal. I will be 4 weeks post op in a few days and I can honestly tell you. I stay in my pj's as long as I possibly can. Most days I don't get dressed and I just take it easy. The weather has gotten better so I did manage to get out and do a 30 min stroll around the neighborhood but didn't stray far from home. Just took my time and enjoyed being outdoors. I weaned myself off of the pain pills but did so by trying to take them only at night before bed. This helped me sleep. Some days are better than others. Stick to the lifting rule and let your husband take care of you as long as your body needs it. It is a slow process and is differnent for everyone but you are definetly not out of the ordinary or weird. keep us posted on your progress. And remember, it always helped me to come on here and vent or give advice to others. Great therapy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2008, 04:09 PM
I went for a walk today!

Today has been a good day. I went for a very short walk out in the sunshine. My puppy wanted to go so bad but he weighs 85 lbs and I can't risk him pulling on me. I didn't get far but just enjoying God's creation was good for me. I haven't taken any pain pill except motrin. I am definitley sore, but not as bad as yesterday. Every day will get better! Thanks for listening.
Unread 04-07-2008, 07:55 AM

Thanks for checking in! I'm glad to hear you are feeling a little better.

(Very good idea *not* to walk the dog. There was one person on my post-op thread who did so and really set herself back when the dog pulled too hard and she fell.)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register