had sex before my 6 week appt. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

had sex before my 6 week appt. had sex before my 6 week appt.

Unread 04-05-2008, 08:38 PM
had sex before my 6 week appt.

I know i wasnt supposed too, but my hubby couldnt wait anymore. literally. divorce and angry fights over the situations.. So we did it, he went really slow, no pain, and i=he didnt *** in me.. no bleeding afterwards and im not in any pain.. Will the dr. know that i had sex w/out telling him. because i really dont want to get in any trouble.. my 6 wks is on the 14th.. I do have a question is their any one else out there that has had sex before they were released and had no problems.. One more question. My cuff/stiches i used to be able to feel them when i would use the restroom, but now that i have had sex, it feels that the cuff has been pushed up more.. i have no idea how the dr is going to see if the cuff is healing correctly if he cant see it. please help..

lavh 3/4/08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2008, 09:00 PM

Your vaginal cuff is probably not entirely healed, so you'll need to watch for signs of infection. I think that's the main danger right now. I can't understand why any husband would be so concerned for himself that he would risk his wife's recovery by being intimate so soon after surgery. What will he do if his actions cause you to have to wait six more weeks?

You might want to give your doctor a call and let him know what happened. I'm sure you won't be the first patient he has heard this from and at least you'll know whether or not you may have done any damage.
Unread 04-06-2008, 08:13 AM

I do hope you're ok. I wouldn't worry about getting in trouble with the doctor. You're better off telling the truth so that s/he is fully aware when an exam is done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2008, 08:28 AM

You should definitely call your dr and tell him, especially since you feel as if the cuff has been pushed up more. Trust me, the dr will know how to check. When I had to have a biopsy done on my cervix, the dr had a special scope that allowed him to see where he was taking the biopsy from. The scope itself did not cause any pain.
Unread 04-06-2008, 08:39 AM

you risk infection and damaging your unhealed vaginal cuff by having sex before you are released. you need to call your dr, tell him you had intercourse..and your cuff feels different now. he'll want to examine you. please dont feel pressured to have sex with your husband..your health is much more important than his pleasure right now
Unread 04-06-2008, 04:59 PM

Hi msopen you need to take care of yourself.Tell your DH to get a Playboy and go into the bathroom.....You sound like a real good person your health is of the utmost importance now.Take care of you
Unread 04-15-2008, 02:25 PM

hey everybody thanks for replying to my message.. But everything worked out, i went ot my 6 weeks yesterday, me and my darn husband.. the doc came in asked if i was having any problems, other than the ones i already called about, having difficulty using the restroom as normal b.m... and i have alot of leakage.. and that one of my belly button sutures is trying to reopen, and leak.. So after all that he said.So are u guys having sex.. i hesitated and then said yes, he made me.. not completely but i was pressured... and the dr said good,, i was like wow really. but i thought no sex until u released me, the dr, was like do u have any pain, bleeding or anything like that during or after sex if not, ur okay.. so then he said i dont even have to check u, he put me on some glucophage tab 500, for my bm.. and im set.... and he told me to do plenty of kegels excersices.. so im good...
Unread 04-15-2008, 06:03 PM

Wow...You called the office earlier to complain about problems with constipation, are having a lot of leakage, you have an incision popping open and leaking, your husband pressured you to have sex before you were released, your doctor didn't check your vaginal cuff for healing and your doctor said "Good!" and prescribed glucophage for problems with constipation?!?

I'm glad it worked out for you without additional problems in regards to having sex before you were checked and released, but in our years online, we have known many women to have sex before they were released and they suffered horrible infections, torn stitches, additional surgery and recovery set-backs.

The staff of HysterSisters strongly encourages its readers to always wait to be released by their surgeon for sexual activities. Follow your surgeon's instructions to assure your best recovery possible.
Unread 04-15-2008, 06:30 PM

I agree with all the post here.My doc gave me an 8wk wait on sex.Its not pleasant but I sure wouldn't want to risk my life for a brief encounter.Plus most of us are in relationships as adults you don't often have a situation that makes you have to wait for sex.Its a time for you,and a time to be intimate in other ways.
Unread 04-15-2008, 07:13 PM

hmm... not to mention Glucophage (I believe) is a medication for diabetes...? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register