LIW Chat - Page 20 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-14-2008, 07:19 AM
LIW Chat

Hi Girls! Tracy invited me here..thanks. Big plans? Yeah I live in Florida and I am going to Upstate New York for my daughters college graduation. I leave May 8th and get back May 13th..just two days before I go to the castle. I am so excited to be "home" for Mother's day. I will get to see my three grown kids, and two step-childern while I am up there. Also I get to take my second oldest daughter shopping for her wedding gown! I have to get all my pre-op stuff done on the 6th. Hopefully everything will be okay, because I won't be around afterwards until just before Castle day. My step daughter who is 21 will be flying back with me and will be here for a few days when I get home from the Castle. I know it is probably crazy traveling so close to surgery...but the trip was scheduled first. I can't miss that graduation! My doctor was going to do my surgery April 28th, and I told him he would have to wait. Take care everyone.Hugs Jane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2008, 10:10 AM
LIW Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelledWillow
Hi Tracy,

Glad to see you survived going back to work. Get some rest and we will see you back here later.

My day hasn't been too bad. Went to church this morning, caught up on the phone with my family in the UK but stomach and back pain and nausea started around 6:00 p.m. but DH did supper so that helped.

Some of my favourite TV shows are on tonight so I think I will just veg in front of TV with laptop on!

Take care everyone,
I noticed you mentioned nausea along with the pain. I have that as well and had wondered if it was all connected or a horrible coincidence.
Unread 04-14-2008, 10:52 AM
LIW Chat

GOOD MORNING MY SISTERS IN WAITING, it is SHELLBEAR from the otherside

Welcome back Dancingfool, glad your weekend was so great!

GOODLUCK Tooth-fairly and Pt201 we are all thinking about you lovely ladies

Welcome Bravefront46~~ this is a great thread!!

badlybent & Jewelledwillow

Just checking in on all of you!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2008, 11:29 AM
LIW Chat

afternoon ladies-thanks for the directions of where i need to be...i appreciate you guys...
Live well,laugh often, love much

Lynne
Unread 04-14-2008, 12:13 PM
Confused

Hi everyone,

On the pre-op board I saw a few places that said to go to the Friends without Faces forum, LIW Chat. Now that I'm here, I'm completely confused because it looks like I came in in the middle of a conversation. Can anyone clue me in? Today is exactly four weeks from my surgery (which makes me a May Princess, I suppose).

Thanks!
Unread 04-14-2008, 12:22 PM
LIW Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGrubbs
Hi everyone,

On the pre-op board I saw a few places that said to go to the Friends without Faces forum, LIW Chat. Now that I'm here, I'm completely confused because it looks like I came in in the middle of a conversation. Can anyone clue me in? Today is exactly four weeks from my surgery (which makes me a May Princess, I suppose).

Thanks!
Hi McGrubbs,

Welcome! We are all ladies waiting for our surgery. We just meet here on a regular basis and chat so that is why you are thinking you are in the middle of a conversation.

Feel free to just jump in as everybody is welcome. The more the merrier. We just talk about our day to day events. We have been advised that any pre-op questions are best answered in the pre-op forum. This is more of a chit chat I believe. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken. It's sort of a countdown if you will.

How are you doing?

Hugs and welcome,
Tracy
Unread 04-14-2008, 12:24 PM
LIW Chat

Hey Bravefront46,

Gald to see you made it. I'm off to get ready as I work nights tonight but just wanted to pop in and say hello.
How is your day going?

Hugs,
Tracy
Unread 04-14-2008, 12:27 PM
LIW Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sclmt
afternoon ladies-thanks for the directions of where i need to be...i appreciate you guys...
Live well,laugh often, love much

Lynne
Hi Lynne,

This site is amazing so you will find lots of wonderful info the more you peek around. It takes a while until you get used to it but once that happens ... look out!

Nice to see you. I'm off to work.

Hugs,
Tracy
Unread 04-14-2008, 01:40 PM
LIW Chat

Hello. I am a LIW. I think I am driving my DH crazy so it will be nice to "talk" to others in my situation.

Can't wait to get to know everyone.

Melissa
Unread 04-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Same Boat as BraveFront

Hi to everyone. And Hi to Bravefront. Looks like we're in a similar situation. My husband and I head up to Buffalo on May 8th for our youngest son's graduation (master's) on the 9th. We head back to PA on the 11th to get home in time for me to do my bowel prep for my May 12th surgery. I'm glad about it (the trip, not the bowel prep), though, because I'm hoping it will keep me from bouncing off the walls in blind panic. If my husband is lucky, I'll nap at least part of the way back from Buffalo because I'll probably be really jittery from being confined to a car for something like 7 or 8 hours on the day before my surgery! He's a high-strung driver to begin with, so having me a mess will NOT make things better.

So... what kind of activities are you all planning for your recouperation? I've got baby blankets to crochet (we're expecting new grandchildren in both November and December this year) which will cover the times I can't do anything more than veg in a recliner, and family movies to edit and convert to dvd's for the times I can manage to sit in a regular office chair for a while. But nothing more strenous. And as much walking as I can handle, of course. I'm a bit worried about that. I've had so much pain from the combination of the Ovarian cancer and the chemo (I got bad neuropathy in my feet) that I'm really, really out of shape right now. I'm worried about being able to do enough walking to aid in my recovery!

Well, enough blabbering on for now. Someone else's turn...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register