LIW Chat - Page 21 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-14-2008, 01:50 PM
LIW Chat

Hi Tracy and everyone. I've had a crazy day today. My best friend had a D&C on Thursday. She has been fine until this afternoon. We were just sitting on her porch having lunch and all of a sudden she started bleeding...bad. Her period isn't due for a week yet. So she got cleaned up, and I cleaned up the chair she was sitting in. We called her husband who came home and took her to the Dr. I am just waiting for her to call me and tell me she is okay. She hasn't done anything she wasn't supposed to. She has the same Dr who is going to do my surgery too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2008, 02:01 PM
LIW Chat

McGrubbs -- love your name! I would ask how you chose your screen name..but there's a thread already established for that!
yeah, freezy is right, you ARE in the middle of a conversation, and it potentially includes EVERYONE who is pre-op LOL....and we also welcome 'hey there' messages from people like shellbear, who is on the other side, but we all knew her from when she was pre-op like us. Just jump right in any time you have something to say. Poodle will correct me if I'm wrong, but essentially, this thread is supposed to be the 'hey there, how are you' thread...with all questions and concerns on the main pre-op forum.
Unread 04-14-2008, 02:06 PM
LIW Chat

Welcome MGrubbs. The colleges aren't likely to postpone graduation for us are they? My daughter is graduating from Davis Bible College in Binghamton, which is much closer to you I am sure. I am flying up by myself. My hubby can't get off of work. He works for a power plant and they are on an outage right now. I hope it is over by my surgery date. I am just hoping I don't get stuck on a plane next to someone with a bad cold or something. At least I'll have my stepdaughter coming back with me. I feel like I am ruining her trip..she was supposed to have a nice week in Florida and we were going to go to the pool and the beach...instead, we will have one day together and then I will be in the hospital. Well at least she will get to bond with her father. As far as activities goes I am knitting, and reading, and planning on having my laptop accessible. Thank goodness for WIFI. Now will I have a lap to put it on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2008, 02:06 PM
Dancing fool... You read my name wrong....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancingfool
McGrubbs -- love your name! I would ask how you chose your screen name..but there's a thread already established for that!
DancingFool, you read my screen name wrong. It's MGrubbs. Grubbs is my last name and my first name starts with an M. Nothing very creative. I had the creative one back in the beginning of AOL and chat rooms and quickly got sick of the side remarks and innuendos it brought. So I just played it straight and boring here. Sorry about that!

(Actually, I've been thinking of changing it to something more "fun")
Unread 04-14-2008, 03:24 PM
LIW Chat

to the new LIW I am of course from the other side but I love to read and keep in touch with you all in waiting!
Unread 04-14-2008, 04:56 PM
LIW Chat

Hi to all the New LIW I can remember them all I would have to open another page and keep flipping back and forth to look at the names but I am including them all . I am one of you gals for 5 1/2 more days then I jump on Shellbears side but I wont forget about my buddies.
Just jump right into our conversation we don't mind.

Tooth -fairy and the others are probably in recovery by now and hopefully doing fine , can't wait to hear from them.

I hope I stayed in context.
Unread 04-14-2008, 05:00 PM
LIW Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravefront46
Hi Tracy and everyone. I've had a crazy day today. My best friend had a D&C on Thursday. She has been fine until this afternoon. We were just sitting on her porch having lunch and all of a sudden she started bleeding...bad.
Hey Bravefront46,

How is your friend doing? Wow! That's not so good at all.

Hugs,
Tracy
Unread 04-14-2008, 05:09 PM
LIW Chat

susee and Freezy

Just popping in for a few min before I need to see about helping dh with dinner
Unread 04-14-2008, 05:31 PM
LIW Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravefront46
Now will I have a lap to put it on?
You sound like you are a worry wart? LOL

I am getting a laptop set up in my bedroom too as I want to be near my sisters in recovery and my hubby will not let me go downstairs for the first week. He lost his mom to cancer at 13 and nursed her until she passed. He is so worried he will lose me everytime I have surgery so I try to abide by his wishes.

Hugs,
Tracy
Unread 04-14-2008, 05:37 PM
LIW Chat

Freezy do you already have a laptop or are you getting one just for your surgery?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register