LIW Chat - Page 27 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-18-2008, 08:09 PM
LIW Chat

Today was a busy one and it went by quick!!!

I went and bought my granny panties one size larger than normal and some fuzzy socks. I bought a fanny pack to keep my chapstick, pen, cell phone etc in, I can hang it from my bedrail in the hospital and reach it easily. I stocked up on groceries and bought some spring clothes for my daughter which was fun for me because I love shopping for clothes for her, I spent way too much but she is set for clothes now until I have to buy school clothes in August.

AF was due yesterday but she has yet to arrive, hopefully she doesn't show up at all and I don't have to endure her torture one last time. No I am not PG just quite irregular anywhere from 16-32 days apart and when I was regular they were every 24 days on the button but now I never know.

As of midnight it will be 5 more days!!! The time is going by faster than I thought it would. I have to sit by the phone on Tuesday because the hospital will be calling that day to let me know what time I have to be there and my pre op instructions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2008, 08:10 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

Good morning ladies!
Happy Weekend.
Well Badly Bent my dear friend this is your big week! I will definately be thinking about you and praying for you on Thursday. I am glad you were able to go shopping. I love to shop...it is good therapy.
The zoo was absolutely beautiful. It is so plush and tropical here, and the weather was just right..not too hot.
So what is everyone doing this weekend? We are going to my friends for a bbq later. I am just about to run to the store to get supplies to make a malted chocolate cheesecake. Found the recipe in a magazine. It is no bake and looks easy.
Take care girls.
Hugs,
Jane
Unread 04-19-2008, 09:51 AM
LIW Chat

Good morning!!!

As luck would have it AF arrived literally right after I posted last night. I think she knows this is her last visit because this is the worst it has been in a little while, I almost called my fiance to come home from work early last night because I was in so much pain.

Anywhoo....

I'm glad the zoo was fun bravefront. Sounds like it was very relaxing. Enjoy your bbq and that cheesecake sounds delicious!!!

Today I'm doing a little bit of laundry and hanging it out on the clothesline to dry in the sun and then depending on how I'm feeling I will get the litterboxes cleaned and clean up in the bathroom. I'll probably spend some time sitting outside while my daughter plays in the yard.

What is everyone else up to today?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2008, 07:41 PM
LIW Chat

Hi Ladies,

The zoo sounded like fun, Bravefront.

I took your advice BadlyBent and bought granny panties and fluffy socks - it sounded a good idea - thanks!

I took my DS to his swimming lesson this morning and then went shopping.

Came home and started getting my recovery room ready - cleaning and moving things so, guess what? Yep! I did too much and now hurt! ouchee!

I have church tomorrow morning (I sing in the church choir) and then a friend is coming round to help my DH move our spare bed downstairs. Then I guess I will finish off my room and also get my mom's room ready - she arrives on Tuesday - yeh!

What is everyone else up to this weekend?

Unread 04-19-2008, 08:28 PM
LIW Chat

I am so glad the days are passing by quickly now. I was afraid the closer it got the more the time would start to drag but so far it has been the opposite.

Today I did a little laundry, dishes, wiped down the kitchen cupboards and took my daughter out to sell some girl guide cookies. Tomorrow I'll do a little more laundry and tackle the litterboxes and bathroom and putter around at getting the bedroom set up for my recovery.

This coming week I'll get some more chores done intermingled with sitting by the phone, taking my daughter to the dentist and last but not least heading to the castle on Thursday.

Midnight makes 4 days to go and I can say I am having surgery THIS week!!!
Unread 04-20-2008, 06:15 AM
LIW Chat

Hi Bravefront, BadlyBent. Unforgiventoo, Naomifawn, Jewelledwillow and all my LIW sisters!

I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend. I am just popping on to say hi and let you know I am thinking about you all. Time is fast approaching.

Jane ... glad you had fun at the zoo ... did you go with your best friend?
Tracy ... you sound like me trying to get all the chores done and such.

I am working my last shift today and then I have two days to finish up and off to hospital on the 23rd.

If I don't chat with you before your surgery I wish you well and I am sending big hugs.

See you on the post op side ... I will come back and visit LIW Chat as it meant so much to me when others did.

Hugs all round!
Tracy
Unread 04-20-2008, 12:02 PM
LIW Chat

Wow I just realized how many of you are leaving us this week. I guess you will be our inspiration and encouragement as we continue to wait. Best wishes to both Tracy's and all of the others this week!
Big Hugs
Jane
Unread 04-20-2008, 12:21 PM
LIW Chat

Hard to believe it is really going to happen this week. This time next week it will be done and I will be in recovery mode and hopefully coming home from the castle. Feels like I have been waiting forever and I hope after surgery I can come back here and confirm that the waiting truly is the hardest part of the entire surgery process because it has sure felt that way for me.

Big hugs and love to all my sisters going to the castle this week and I can't wait to swap stories with all of you on the other side.
Unread 04-20-2008, 12:27 PM
LIW Chat

Thanks so much sweet Jane.

I will be around for a couple of days and then will come back to say hi post op. We'll follow you ladies until it's your turn.

Hugs,
Tracy
Unread 04-20-2008, 01:04 PM
LIW Chat

Hey ladies you may not remember me but I am just wishing all you lovely ladies that go this week MUCH LOVE AND LUCK!!!! all around

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register