LIW Chat - Page 32 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-06-2008, 05:53 AM
LIW Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelledWillow
Hi Ladies,

Today was a good day. First real day of feeling alive again (last week is best forgotten)! Spent it catching up on nearly two weeks of emails - home and work (although I hasten to add I didn't deal with anything)! Before anyone jumps on me - LOL!

Sounds like a great schedule Jane - have a load of fun - just try and check back in with us before your date.

Talk to you all later.

Love and hugs,
Wendy good to hear thet you are doing better!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2008, 05:54 AM
LIW Chat

Good morning everyone!
So glad to hear from you Jewelwillow. I am going for my pre-op work today..blood tests, ekg, chest x-ray..you know the drill. Right now I am starving and my head is starting to ache because I need a cup of coffee. Nothing by mouth after midnight last night. Thank goodness my friend is meeting me and we are having breakfast between the blood work at 9am and dr appointment at 11am.
I am so excited about my trip and almost have my suitcases packed.
I can't believe I am just a little over a week away now.
Take care everyone and for those of you who are recovering take it easy and be gentle with yourselves
HUGS
Jane
Unread 05-06-2008, 09:55 AM
LIW Chat

Hope all goes well and let us know the outcome.

Take it easy and enjoy this next week!

Hugs,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2008, 11:16 AM
LIW Chat

Well, I'm truly in countdown mode now. I've had my CAT scan. I've had my pre-admission testing. I do my bowel prep on Monday and then Tuesday (1 week) I'm off to the castle. I'm trying not to be too nervous, but not being very successful. Not freaking out, but definitely not calm either. Having trouble concentrating on work. It's a good thing I don't operate heavy machinery or I'd probably have lost a limb to inattention!

Hmmm... I'm trying to think of something grand or important to say here, but I'm just getting white noise. Oh well.

tick.... tick.... tick....
Unread 05-06-2008, 11:26 AM
LIW Chat

Hey McGrubbs,

I sure can relate to not being about to concentrate at work. It's as if all you think about is preparing for the surgery, the actual day and then afterwards.

For you it is not for bleeding etc but for cancer and I cannot even relate to that ... I am surprised you can even get your tushy to work at this point never mind concentrate
You are stronger than you realize my sister.

I will be keeping an eye on you and know you are in my heart and in my thoughts.

Big hug,
Tracy
Unread 05-06-2008, 02:17 PM
LIW Chat

Thanks, Tracy.

It's actually easier to be at work than at home. At least at work I sometimes have stuff to do to occupy my mind (it's been pretty slow, though). At home, all I'd do is feel sorry for myself and look up horrific information on the internet all day and scare myself.

I'm sort of in my it's-almost-christmas-I-have-too-much-to-do-to-be-here jitters kind of feeling. Or the final days you work before a vacation. Tense, excited, but nothing specific, if that makes any sense.

How is your recovery going?
Unread 05-06-2008, 03:12 PM
LIW Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGrubbs
Thanks, Tracy.

It's actually easier to be at work than at home. At least at work I sometimes have stuff to do to occupy my mind (it's been pretty slow, though). At home, all I'd do is feel sorry for myself and look up horrific information on the internet all day and scare myself.

I'm sort of in my it's-almost-christmas-I-have-too-much-to-do-to-be-here jitters kind of feeling. Or the final days you work before a vacation. Tense, excited, but nothing specific, if that makes any sense.

How is your recovery going?
Hi McGrubbs,

I can understand what you say about being at work when it's busy ... makes sense. I also related preparing for surgery like preparing for a vacation and then getting up at 4am for hospital ... only to have to go to hospital not a beautiful beach somewhere with Pina Coladas served at your poolside lounge chair... LOL

Give yourself the right to feel what you feel and acknowledge those feelings kiddo. Like I said I struggled and that 'CANCER' word was nowhere near me on my surgery day. Again, you are stronger than you realize.

Thanks for asking ... my recovery has been slow. I am a bit of a wimp and this is my 3rd surgery in less than a year so I don't want to rush things and then have to go back to hospital. I am not a sit around person so having my hubby and parents wait on me is very hard ... I have control issues an they are being tested to the maximum right now.

I am still taking pain meds but they are running out so my hubby just went to the pharmacy to get me the Tylenol 1 with codeine. Better than nothing.

Anyway sister, great big hug and like I said I will keep an eye on you. Please post when you are feeling up to it.

Hugs,
Tracy
Unread 05-06-2008, 05:37 PM
LIW Chat

Hello girls,
My pre-op testing went well but I spent most of the day in one waiting room or another. I think I must of waited over 2 hours total. I met with the admissions person at the castle, and everything is all set with the insurance, but found out I need to pay $300 co-pay the morning of surgery. I got my last period today...not what I wanted for the trip mind you. The cramps are so bad and now all I can take is Tylenol.
My doctor informed me about adhesions today and told me how important it is not to do anything I am not supposed to do post-op. She said I will feel pretty good in about 3 weeks and that is when most women get in trouble because they feel good on the outside but there is alot of healing that needs to be done inside. It may be a long time before I can vacumn or walk my dogs.
It may not be a real vacation, but one perk to living where I live is I can look out my windows and see palm trees, and lush foilage. Our hospital is brand new and kinda looks like a high class hotel in some ways. I think all of the other LIW's should come down here for their operations and maybe it would feel like vacation.
Nice to hear from you Wendy and MGrubbs. You too Freezy. I hope the tylenol with codine works. I can't take codine, so I wonder what I will get.
Hugs to all
Jane
Unread 05-06-2008, 05:49 PM
LIW Chat

Hey Jane ... have a fun time away despite your LAST period.
You will do fine and keep at them about the pain until you get what you need.

Hugs ... off to watch American Idol!
Tracy
Unread 05-06-2008, 05:57 PM
LIW Chat

Glad it didn't go to badly - though sorry to hear about the last period! It is never good timing - still it is the LAST!

Thanks Freezy for reminding me about Idol - I had forgotten.

I'm off too!

Hugs to all

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register